Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Upvote 0
S

stefen

Come on guys, its starting to sound like kindergarten playground braggin..."My daddy's bigger than your daddy"...

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on guys, its starting to sound like kindergarten playground braggin..."My daddy's bigger than your daddy"...

That's funny, I didn't see it that way at all. I thought Charl gave an educated, well written response. Not "braggin" at all. Thanks , Charl for an informative, and cool post.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
madeupstuff...

try education..it is a wonderful thing...
nice pottery shard, I suspect it is post contact.

Stop the insults now! Applies to any throwing insults...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Charl presented an artifact and information regarding that artifact.
Pippinwhitepaws, thanks for the links.
But I wonder, if we chose to pick select pieces of information to present our argument, even though the links provide a much deeper and broader description and history of Kokopelli, who is choosing to rewrite information or history to suite their belief or argument?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not at all. I am simply correcting what I regard as serious misinformation. It's simply far more complex to let such a simplification slide past. Heck, I ain't bragging in the least! I'm speaking up on behalf of the ancient Anasazi and for the knowledge that we do very much possess on those people and their artistic elements. How is that bragging? I'm defending education for heaven's sake. Why would I not? In any event, please understand, I will be the last to actually fight over this should someone chose to argue about it. Believe me, one and all, I will happily simply walk away from this forum then fight at this point. I'm entitled to elaborate on my original post, am I not??? Quite happily walk away. No problem.

look at it this way, stefen. The comment that "everyone's....story is made up" regarding Kokopelli may convey the perception that all interpretations are modern, or just from a Western cultural point of view. I saw the need to clearly point out that included among the "everyone" are the people for whom this iconic character has had a depth of meaning spanning centuries, and whose opinion is likely to be more meaningful then "it's all made up " would potentially suggest to forum members who know nothing at all about the subject. The comment left was simply too simplistic and counter-to-a-better education where the subject is concerned.
That's not bragging, sir.

now if you are talking Pueblo Indians....toss "Zuni" in the mix and things really get STRANGE!!!!!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
there is no one alive, on earth, who knows what ancient rock art means.
there are people rather well informed, who may make educated guesses.

it is still, the best guess going. <that's a period...and means, what ever the argument you may believe, this is reality.
and it is all the answer you will receive from any anthropologist.<<<< another period.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
there is no one alive, on earth, who knows what ancient rock art means.
there are people rather well informed, who may make educated guesses.

it is still, the best guess going. <that's a period...and means, what ever the argument you may believe, this is reality.
and it is all the answer you will receive from any anthropologist.<<<< another period.

I agree with you ultimately. However, I have watched documentaries on Machu Picchu and other ruins with tons of hieroglyphs. On these documentaries are people who devote their entire lives to breaking the coded writing. Some have deciphered some pretty nice, logical messages. Those people are far to strange and speak with such intellect I can't take them seriously.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice sherd Charl I like the decoration on it.

mcb66

Mar 17, 2009
Was this piece found in situ or purchased? Anytime you see a perfectly framed motif on a shard......... It makes you wonder.

OP
OP
Charl

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Deleted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a theory that they felt that Kokopelli was a trader for goods and before he entered into a camp area he would play his flute so the people of that tribe would know who was coming. It was the best way that trading could be. I found it very interesting. Can you just think of carrying all of those goods and probably some cool colorful stone for trade. I am guessing maybe a horse would be packed with all of the items. How else could somebody carry it all.
Thanks Charlie for giving us this insight and interesting thought.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...but horses were a fairly late introduction....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread