i guess it is made from petrified wood, not KRF
for some reason these images can really be enlarged
the images were taken with a 14 megapixel camera
i like it
hey thanks
we thought it is a blade that would lay sideways in a rib bone handle
or maybe put back to back with a similar size and put in a rib bone handle
but yes dennis i see what you mean
but if it was an unfinished point it would have had to have been for an atlatl...it is too big and heavy for an arrow point (at least i think)
the more i think about this i am thinking you are correct for it to be a projectile point of some sort only unfinished like you say
maybe some one else will chime in with some thoughts
Hummmmm really hard for me to say but that one pic shows a flake removed all the way across the middle. Some might call that an over shot flake. Check it out on the net, and let me know what you find. I dont think its a blank myself. I would need to know where you found it to help you. Might be an early triangle. Nice
Wow. I want to know how you made the pictures come out so big. I am having trouble posting a decent size picture now days. I think they were done with the blade. If you look close (because you have such good pictures) you will see a lot of little tiny step fractures they were trying to set you to reduce it down. I think their experience told them it would not reduce with out breaking so they used it as it or maybe even tossed it knowing the quality of things from your site. Just an opinion as we may never know the truth.
Nice find Lars hope all is well and you have your fall crops doing well.
TnMtns