What's new

Large catch up post for 2015

StevefromMissouri

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
279
Reaction score
388
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn't find the first decent point in 2014. Busy with teaching and then starting a business on the side kept me out of the creeks. This year, especially this summer, I've hit it hard. So here are is the catch up in the order of finding them with the exception of the first three pics as they are group shots of the more common points...





And the back side to the cool thumb scraper...




















 
Upvote 0
The last one I just found today and measures 5 1/4"...






May your next hunt be your best hunt EVER!!!

Steve
 
Wow Steve! You have definitely made up for lost time! Some real nice finds there.
May not be the prettiest piece in the finds but the symmetry on that hafted scraper is way cool.
 
Amazing finds as always. Thanks for sharing.
 
Looks like a museum. Nice finds.
 
Those are all incredible! I can't even imagine finding something like that in my spot but hoping to someday soon! thanks for giving us a look!
 
Cool! :icon_thumright: It is amazing the number of beautiful complete points that you find, Well Done!
 
You never cease to amaze with your creek finds. I would love to have creeks like that here.Material and workmanship.. Wow!:notworthy:
Glad you are back and hunting. Always liked your Vids!
HH
 
As usual you found a bunchodandies. That last piece and pic are sweet.Your place still kicking them out ,
 
Love the creek photo. Looks like a wonderful hunting ground.
 
That Lightning Bolt Coshocton is a cool material, you probably don't find much of that, thanks for the update, been wondering how you were fairing!
 
DANGGGG **joe dirt voice**, that is incredible, great finds!. Missouri seems like a hot place for hunting.
 
Awesome finds ! :icon_thumleft:
 
That Lightning Bolt Coshocton is a cool material, you probably don't find much of that, thanks for the update, been wondering how you were fairing!

I've only found a hand full of flakes over the years. Where is the source?
 
Last edited:
Steve - very cool finds. Obviously a lot of hours represented Ihere these photos my friend, nice work and congrats. E Afton pentagonal in the first photo is a neat and rare type. Coshocton comes out of eastern Ohio. I don't believe that scraper is made out of Coshocton, I believe it's an Iowa flint who's name escapes me at the moment, but maybe it's a Moline variety. Either way it's a beauty. Finally you should know that I just moved to St Charles MO so if the weight of the points you're finding becomes too great for one guy to handle, just know that I'm sturdy and willing to help out a fellow hunter. Well done sir.
 
Very good pics. Even better finds. Great spot you got!
 
So jealous of you people and your Missouri creek action. you guys have a limitless supply of the best finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom