kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a newcomb 11. Kewl coin though, love those early 19th century coins. :occasion14:

Thanks digger. What makes you say that ? Whats the difference between the two ? I cant find anything on the web that explain's how to tell the difference. I see your in Stafford...I used to live in Fredericksburg and I know were there are some hut sites that as far as I know have never been dug....help me and I'll tell you were they are ! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newcomb-7, Scarce. ONLY use of both dies. 100% positive! Hogge

Upvote 0

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks digger. What makes you say that ? Whats the difference between the two ? I cant find anything on the web that explain's how to tell the difference. I see your in Stafford...I used to live in Fredericksburg and I know were there are some hut sites that as far as I know have never been dug....help me and I'll tell you were they are ! :icon_thumright:

Well thanks, but im sure most of those sites got housing developments, hard to find any place that is not got a Subdivision on it, years ago you use to be able to go everywhere digging around here but not anymore! I got a 1827 very similar to yours was told it was a Newcomb 11 on here, however after looking more into it I think it may be the same Newcomb version you have, was told the Newcomb 11 are the most common? Anyway enjoy your coins!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanks, but im sure most of those sites got housing developments, hard to find any place that is not got a Subdivision on it, years ago you use to be able to go everywhere digging around here but not anymore! I got a 1827 very similar to yours was told it was a Newcomb 11 on here, however after looking more into it I think it may be the same Newcomb version you have, was told the Newcomb 11 are the most common? Anyway enjoy your coins!
I'm sure that the site I speak of is in the woods and I'm pretty sure no one has dug the hut sites.I poked around there when I was a kid but never did any real digging.Sorry I couldent help ya !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread