What's new

large copper coin

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.Found an old copper coin today and I was hoping someone could tell me what it is ? Its a little bigger than US half dollar and has the profiles of 4 people with a crown above and the date 1897 ? on one side and three shields and a crown on the other.There is writng around the edge but all I can make out is "something...tys reign" thanks !
 

Attachments

  • MVC-002F.webp
    MVC-002F.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 282
  • MVC-003F.webp
    MVC-003F.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 275
I believe that this is a Queen Victoria jubilee medal. The partial inscription *TYS REIGN is from "To Commemorate the 60th Year of Her Majesty's Reign."

!BTuKtE!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-DgEjlLl1CLoBKJ9od08sw~~_1.webp!BTuKtmg!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DYEjlLl5L7,BKJ9okU9RQ~~_1.webp​
 
Upvote 0
PBK said:
I believe that this is a Queen Victoria jubilee medal. The partial inscription *TYS REIGN is from "60th Year of Her Majesty's Reign.



​
"



amazing :o :o

nice id!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks! I figured that you or Crusader would beat me to it while I was scrambling around, trying to find the pics. :D
 
Upvote 0
PBK said:
Thanks! I figured that you or Crusader would beat me to it while I was scrambling around, trying to find the pics. :D


Not me! i had no idea other than it may be British due to the shields :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom