What's new

Large Scale Placer Exploration in the Yukon

mulletator

Jr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
99
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
Location
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys,

Over April and May this year I spent 7 weeks on a large scale prospecting gig in the Yukon. We had a small team of 3 guys and some cool machines. Our main tool was a Nodwell mounted 12" auger drill.

Check out the write up here, Yukon Placer Trip
 
A-plus story and adventure! Thanks for sharing [emoji106]🏻[emoji482]
 
Excellent write up! I have to agree with Schoolofhardrocks though.... Pics of the gold would be a great addition!
 
thank you, let us know if you go back.
brad
 
Hey guys, thanks for the great responses. I left out the gold pics because they are not super impressive because they represent samples. I'll post one up here though.

This photo is somewhat typical of samples in the paystreak. We've seen some nice nuggets. The gold in that pan is from a 2.5 ft section that is 12" wide (diameter of the auger).

DSC02024-660x300.webp
 
Looks like some nice little thick pickers!
 
Impressive, professional work.
 
Awesome. thanks for sharing. I've been to Whitehorse twice on the way to Alaska. Would love to have a chance to stay for the summer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom