What's new

Large Spike.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Dug this today. Does anyone know what material this is made out of, and how old it is? I believe it is a large spike.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1898.webp
    IMG_1898.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1899.webp
    IMG_1899.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1900.webp
    IMG_1900.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1898.webp
    IMG_1898.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1899.webp
    IMG_1899.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_1900.webp
    IMG_1900.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1901.webp
    IMG_1901.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1902.webp
    IMG_1902.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1903.webp
    IMG_1903.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 314
how heavy is it, because it looks like aluminum, with major impurities
 
Upvote 0
will a magnet stick?
 
Upvote 0
Its very heavy and a magnet does stick to it.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a old pritchel for punching nail holes in horse shoes
How old is the site
 
Upvote 0
haylen said:
It looks like a old pritchel for punching nail holes in horse shoes
How old is the site
It dates back to 1700's, beach find.
 
Upvote 0
it could be a spike from a ship. it could also be shiny from wave action or did you clean it ?
 
Upvote 0
When I dug it, it was crusted in orange colored rust. I chipped away at it and this is the result. I thought it may have been from a ship also or a dock. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
it's probably modern, because the really old ones were made from bronze and copper
 
Upvote 0
I think its an old tool.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom