So I'm always complaining about the lack of halves around here, and I think I finally found out why yesterday. Apparently, some older fellow would order $3k every week from 5 different branches ($15k a week!) and search through it. He did this for about 2 years, according to a teller I talked to. He stopped about 8 months ago, I started about 4 months later and really haven't found much.
I decided to try one last time to see if I can't find any solid silver boxes of halves. I had a bank nearby, but in a district I've only ordered $2k in halves from (over 4 months, all skunks) order me $5k. I'm gonna take care of 'em next week, and we'll see what happens. If I don't find jack as has been the usual lately, I'm done roll searching halves. Too disappointed and discouraged after seeing not only some of the great finds by others here, but by the consistency of pulls by some of you guys. I'll probably be posting the results in this thread, so... wish me luck?
At any rate, I'm really at my wits end in regards to halves, and equally disappointed I didn't discover this hobby a few years ago.
I decided to try one last time to see if I can't find any solid silver boxes of halves. I had a bank nearby, but in a district I've only ordered $2k in halves from (over 4 months, all skunks) order me $5k. I'm gonna take care of 'em next week, and we'll see what happens. If I don't find jack as has been the usual lately, I'm done roll searching halves. Too disappointed and discouraged after seeing not only some of the great finds by others here, but by the consistency of pulls by some of you guys. I'll probably be posting the results in this thread, so... wish me luck?
At any rate, I'm really at my wits end in regards to halves, and equally disappointed I didn't discover this hobby a few years ago.
Upvote
0
You may be in an area that has a lot of competition or there may be a lot of silver knowledgeable tellers or it may not be as economically depressed so not a lot of grandpa or grandma's coins are being turned in. At any rate, I am new to this hobby too and have had mixed results - some weeks have been depressing but others have been amazing. Like others in this thread have said, as long as the silver is "free", just roll with it - pun intended.
This hobby is fun and is a great stress reliever for me - hopefully this hobby isn't giving you any stress!








