tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the dogs for a walk at an open space park near by called the Carolyn Holmberg open space park. It was once a large farm, but now set aside as open space. There's one good sized lake called Sterns Lake and a couple of smaller ponds. There are two small streams that meet in the area of the park. The smaller one is just a trickle now and it's called Buffalo Slough and it runs into another a bit larger called Rock Creek that further down runs into Coal Creek then to Boulder Creek and on to the Platte that goes all the way to the Missouri river. These were all ancient pathways to those before us and some of their evidence can still be found in areas I have so far kept to myself. My dogs just love this place as there are prairie dogs, rabbits, eagles, owls, coyotes, a few raptor types and over the years mountain lions have been seen as they wonder out of curiosity from the foothills to check out these many acres set aside. I often ride my bike to this place when the weather permits just to see what I can see. It was a great time to reflect over this last year as for tomorrow the company I've worked many years now is merging with another to form a larger company. Lot's of changes will begin tomorrow morning for me and a trip with what is to be my new big cheese on the first full week of this month. I've been through this stuff before and it never goes off smoothly without a hitch. New personalities, new ways to do things and policies to follow. I begged my boss to not to do it and I thought I had him convinced we don't need their fresh blood to keep going, but the new money that will be in the coffers was to much for him to turn down I guess. He said I'll be set with a firm contract, but I just feel like we were a biker gang over all the years that weathered all kinds of battles and now were gonna join forces with the El Bigadero's, who have been our adversaries for all these years. Anyways at my age the attitude I now have will be much different then deals like this in the past and we'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• 57D4149E73474B35BE2D4A2D7AD29C31.jpg
    57D4149E73474B35BE2D4A2D7AD29C31.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 43
  • BCBB2495F471411989026A030EA76E57.jpg
    BCBB2495F471411989026A030EA76E57.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 40
  • D13604360C1C422F945E7E633F9C238C.jpg
    D13604360C1C422F945E7E633F9C238C.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 40
  • 77C2F2ADBD6D45639559ABE36DAFB909.jpg
    77C2F2ADBD6D45639559ABE36DAFB909.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 38
Nice pics! Looks really cold. I hope this merger works for you. It'll take a while getting used to your new patch.

Say tr, have you made it up to Yuma County to check out those mysterious nighttime drones? That's more like San Luis Valley stuff.

Gorgeous scenery wow the cold wouldnt bother me with a view like that

Say tr, have you made it up to Yuma County to check out those mysterious nighttime drones? That's more like San Luis Valley stuff.
No telling who's behind the drones. I guess they're 6ft each in diameter and the local cops say they don't appear to be malicious. Probably somebody experimenting with smart drones that can act alone or as a unit. From the sounds of it, it's gotta be a government entity. Maybe a weather monitoring concept or future tornado spotting and warning technology?. I've been out walking the dogs and have had good sized drones fly by overhead. My dog Ollie barks at them, because they sound like a giant hornet. I'm thinking this drone thing with be more and more common as time goes on.

Last edited:
Seems to be the norm these days companies merging together had a lot of suppliers I got equipment from and liked dealing with the same person now those people are gone.I hope this merger goes well for you always about that bottom line they are looking at, nice photos buy the way.

You know of rifle arch? Just saw a friends pics from there

Cool photos! :occasion14:

New bosses always implement their way of doing things rather than just standing back and let the machine work as it always has.
Do your best and good luck.

You know of rifle arch? Just saw a friends pics from there
I've been on hwy 13 north if Rifle Colo countless times, but have never taken the time to hike to the arch. Next week I've gotta go to SLC Utah and if want, I can take that way from I70 up to hwy 40 which it do at times because it is a way to go from Denver to SLC that saves fuel, but it is slower than going all the way on I80 across Wyoming. Maybe someday I get up that way.

New bosses always implement their way of doing things rather than just standing back and let the machine work as it always has.
Do your best and good luck.
Thanks Mike. Hopefully it'll be a smooth transition, but if not I will be singing that Johnny Paycheck song

Best of luck with the merger.
dts

Pretty pics, especially the first one. :thumbsup:

A window of opportunity, or a doorway that leads to a new chapter in your life. We shall see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back