What's new

Last Fews Hunts Brings a Couple of Rings and Silver Coins #37 & #38

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know about ya'll but seeing the sun go down earlier daily has motivated me to get out a few evenings and today before the weatherman starts to use that awful 4 letter word (s----). :BangHead:

Tuesday evening I revisited a permission from last summer. Dug a cool copper ring :thumbsup: that I think had gold leaf on it at one time.

20151020_193908.webp

Wednesday evening I hit the "Brick House" one more time. Started with the DD coil in All Metal and scored a 1943 Merc. :thumbsup:. Switched the coil to the 5" DD and pulled the Tootsie Toy Badge out of the flower bed near the foundation. I never knew they made badges. :dontknow:

20151022_183017.webp

Friday was a beautiful day so I took the afternoon off. Figured it would be a good day to detect in a park close to work. I also hunted two other sites in Oberlin.

20151023_175621.webp

Today I stopped at a small hardly used ball field and then went to my Honey Hole. Put in about 5 hours and dug the silver ring, :thumbsup: I think it's made from a quarter. I also pulled a 1945 Quarter :thumbsup:

Ring close-up (notice the letters)
20151024_161226(0).webp

Today's Keepers
20151024_161159.webp

All Today's digs
20151024_161035.webp

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

Thanks for looking and reading.
 
Upvote 30
Well done Loco,
I know what you mean by trying to get around the "Setting Sun"
Looks like you are making every hunt count.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom