What's new

Last Fridays Road Trip Hunt

Ryan1979

Full Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
151
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
Last Friday's Road Trip Hunt

I've been going to my brother's place about an hour away each week so I've been trying to hit as many banks as I can on the way down. This last time, I hit up about 9 banks and got as many as I could, which was about $250 or so. The one bank that had tons of halves would let me buy any more than $30 in halves. The old lady said they had hundreds of dollars worth of rolls, but that she wouldn't let me buy them all.

I'm like, "This is a bank right?"

She didn't answer.

"Fine, give my the $30 worth."

She says, "Now it's only $20."

I say nothing and just hand her the twenty.

Little does she know that my best friend's dad is the CEO of this bank company. Maybe he can convince her to change the rules a little?

I haven't even had time to go through all of them, but so far, I only found one 40%, a '67 if I remember correctly.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Last Friday's Road Trip Hunt

Ryan1979 said:
Little does she know that my best friend's dad is the CEO of this bank company.
I think your friends dad needs to give her an attitude adjustment. ;)
Sounds like she makes up the rules as she goes.
 
Re: Last Friday's Road Trip Hunt

Sounds like a bank cop.
Say "Yes Sir or No Sir!"
I mean "Maam" :P
 
Re: Last Friday's Road Trip Hunt

I wasn't there to see it for myself, but I don't feel like your questions (while sarcastic) was inappropriate or demeaning. To receive that self-righteous attitude back is poor customer service. That's the issue I would raise with her superiors.
 
Re: Last Friday's Road Trip Hunt

I'm sorry. I'm on your side as a fellow CRHer, I really am. But there is something about an old lady (your description) with cajones that big that makes me smile.

"Now it's only $20." LMAO!

HH,
Wally
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom