nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had some decent December weather yesterday right before the rain moved in for a couple days, so I figured I would try getting out for the last time this year. I called my brother which is another tnet member (lifes a garden... dig it) and asked him if he wanted to go detect a site with me which he just bought a new machine a Minelab Safari so he was excited to go try it out on a old homesite. It was slow going and the finds were slim but at least the ones we found were good ones.
We was digging alot of Square nails and after about my 30th one I got a loud signal on my new F75 and I wasn't really for sure what it was at the time, but I sure was excited knowing it wasn't a nail. So after digging down about 6 inches out popped a holed 1832 Large cent, which was really kool being Hillbilly had dug a very nice 1833 large cent from this site several weeks ago. I went back to digging square nails and other various relics for a couple hours and than my Brother gets a decent signal thinking possibly a flat button but with a big surprise out comes a Spanish half Reale. It has been in a fire and the front of the coin is in very bad shape with not much detail other than being able to tell it's a pillar coin, the reverse side has enough detail for me to tell it's a Carlos half reale. The Reale is in very bad Condition, but still the find of the day and so far the oldest coin from the site with a Carlos 111 half Reale being from 1759-1788.
here is a link to my finds until Tnet is able to fix their pic uploading problem.

Thanks for looking and hope Everyone has a Great 2014

Attachments

• Daves 5th visit.jpg
    Daves 5th visit.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_1606.jpg
    100_1606.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_1604.jpg
    100_1604.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Upvote 9
OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Bill. You will soon love that F75. Happy New Year & good luck in 2014, Q.

Thanks Quindy, I am really enjoying learning the machine and even though its a chatter box, I am glad it gets excited as I do about finding something good ,lol.
Have a Great 2014

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome you can get out to hunt in Dec. congrats on your silver finds!

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome you can get out to hunt in Dec. congrats on your silver finds!

Thanks, We have unusual winter time warm spells a lot anymore here in Kentucky, but it plays heck in the summer with all the mosquitoes and ticks.

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Score !

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Sweet finds there nova treasure!! Thats a sweet reale and the holed large cent is a great find as well!HH

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice way to close out the year.Congrats.HH.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds right there, good luck in the new year.
ZDD

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,
I'd be VERY happy to have dug either of those old coins. :thumbsup: I know a lot of people hate finding holed coins, but to me I think they mean so much more. Somebody really needed that coin back in the day.
Great job, :occasion14:
Doug

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bill,
I'd be VERY happy to have dug either of those old coins. :thumbsup: I know a lot of people hate finding holed coins, but to me I think they mean so much more. Somebody really needed that coin back in the day.Doug

Thanks Doug, I really like the holed coins too, I was showing it to the landowner and a friend of his was there and said "that coin isn't worth anything it has a hole in it". so I told him in 1832 it must have been worth alot to the owner or they wouldn't had took the time to put the hole in it, so that makes it really important to me to have the opportunity to save a coin that was turned into a personal keepsake over 180 yrs ago.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Doug, I really like the holed coins too, I was showing it to the landowner and a friend of his was there and said "that coin isn't worth anything it has a hole in it". so I told him in 1832 it must have been worth alot to the owner or they wouldn't had took the time to put the hole in it, so that makes it really important to me to have the opportunity to save a coin that was turned into a personal keepsake over 180 yrs ago.

Well said Bill. I totally agree. That was probably as valuable to that person back then as a gold coin would be to you or me today. :thumbsup:
Very nice coin,
Doug

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recoveries and congratulations to you and your brother.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Portadrillmini

May 8, 2013
Blairsville, Ga 30512
Detector(s) used
MineLab Eureka Gold - 15" RockCrusher- PORTADRILLMINI Gold Driller Auger sampler Unit -Gold Lab Clean Gold Concentrator-5" Dredge-Keen A52 Sluice- BlueBowl Cons clean-up - Microwave Gold Kiln
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
excellent find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread