Last two hunts: truckload of treasure, a roman coin :P, plus my first coinstar silver

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Its been a while since I've posted but I've been doing 70 hour weeks at work for a while now, plus a ton of travelling. I've been watching all the finds you guys have been throwing up, though. Love it!

Anywho, I'm home in Virginia for the holidays and am managing to squeeze in hunts when I can. The last two days I hunted a friends yard off and on. It wasn't that old (early 1950s), but I was hoping for some easy modern silver. I got two AG dimes, including a mercury, so I was happy. Also found a monogrammed sterling ring. Looks like it has a hand engraved script "L". Also got a "roman coin" which I'm pretty sure is a piece of costume jewelry. But it has Augustus on the front and Victory on the back. I wouldn't have even known that except I found a handful of roman coinage while detecting in the UK last month. I'm throwing those photos at the end of this post as well.

Also, I've been checking the coinstars for the past few months after been clued in on it by you folks. I've found some foreign coins and a few bucks in modern change, but last night I got my first silver! Laying on the floor right out front of the machine was a 52 dime. Also grabbed a couple of quarters that someone had dropped.

Also, a projectile point I found last week at work. Had to leave that one out in the field though.

Tomorrow I head out to the fields in Middlesex County, VA. Hoping to find some colonial stuff. I still haven't found any gold while detecting this year. Maybe tomorrow?

Happy hunting all. May everyone find a pound of gold next year!

-NZ49er

Left this for my buddy on his kitchen table. The items found in his front yard. He says his great grandmother's name started with an L. Might be her ring?
20181227_133436.jpg

"Roman Coin" lol:
20181227_120957.jpg

Love seeing silver come out of the ground, even if it's newer stuff:
122618mercurydime.jpg

Projectile point from last week in Texas:
6679.jpeg

The better Roman coins from my UK trip. Also some hammered silver:

UK2018NovRomans1.jpeg
UK2018NovMedievalAG.jpeg

Attachments

• 20181226_112544.jpg
    20181226_112544.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
Upvote 25
OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Henry III rare/common? The other silver, they've clipped the mint mark, but I believe its an Edward III.

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the super finds! :occasion14:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet play on words with the visual.

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I've been checking the coinstars for the past few months after been clued in on it by you folks. I've found some foreign coins and a few bucks in modern change, but last night I got my first silver! Laying on the floor right out front of the machine was a 52 dime. Also grabbed a couple of quarters that someone had dropped...
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERIES NZ49er :..
Here is my CoinStar Surfing Log!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see you are swingin' and postin'
nice finds and welcome home friend

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Its been a while since I've posted but I've been doing 70 hour weeks at work for a while now, plus a ton of travelling. I've been watching all the finds you guys have been throwing up, though. Love it!

Anywho, I'm home in Virginia for the holidays and am managing to squeeze in hunts when I can. The last two days I hunted a friends yard off and on. It wasn't that old (early 1950s), but I was hoping for some easy modern silver. I got two AG dimes, including a mercury, so I was happy. Also found a monogrammed sterling ring. Looks like it has a hand engraved script "L". Also got a "roman coin" which I'm pretty sure is a piece of costume jewelry. But it has Augustus on the front and Victory on the back. I wouldn't have even known that except I found a handful of roman coinage while detecting in the UK last month. I'm throwing those photos at the end of this post as well.

Also, I've been checking the coinstars for the past few months after been clued in on it by you folks. I've found some foreign coins and a few bucks in modern change, but last night I got my first silver! Laying on the floor right out front of the machine was a 52 dime. Also grabbed a couple of quarters that someone had dropped.

Also, a projectile point I found last week at work. Had to leave that one out in the field though.

Tomorrow I head out to the fields in Middlesex County, VA. Hoping to find some colonial stuff. I still haven't found any gold while detecting this year. Maybe tomorrow?

Happy hunting all. May everyone find a pound of gold next year!

-NZ49er

Left this for my buddy on his kitchen table. The items found in his front yard. He says his great grandmother's name started with an L. Might be her ring?
View attachment 1664799

"Roman Coin" lol:
View attachment 1664801

Love seeing silver come out of the ground, even if it's newer stuff:
View attachment 1664807

Projectile point from last week in Texas:
View attachment 1664804

The better Roman coins from my UK trip. Also some hammered silver:

View attachment 1664802
View attachment 1664803
Awesomeness!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions