What's new

Last week I got a 1909 S VDB lincoln cent

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of you will probably not remember my post from about one month ago. About four Mercury dimes I found. Well I fineally took them to a coin dealer I have been going to for a while. I plop them down on the counter and the owner looks at them and pulls out a small box of coins and hands me one. He says they have the same value as one of these. It is a lincoln cent. I pull out my loop and look at the date 1909 S I quickly turned it over and sure enough there is V.D.B. on the back. I asked if my coins were worth that much? And he says yes they are not worth anything cause they are all
COUNTERFIT :dontknow:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,271836.msg1936761.html#msg1936761

I had an idea my merc's were but this 1909 looked flawless (to me) it looked almost uncirculated, but no mint luster and I got to keep the coin. I think I am going to start a counterfit coin collection, I have 6 now. The owner told me even if he sold it for 25¢ he would get 20 in the slammer.
 
Upvote 0
I'd put 'em in flips labelled "fake" or something like that. Judging by your photo, you might get senile soon and try to sell 'em. :tongue3:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Kantuckkeean said:
I'd put 'em in flips labelled "fake" or something like that. Judging by your photo, you might get senile soon and try to sell 'em.
Whet do you mean soon, been there awhile. ::)
I will use them for my retirement. Give a couple to my wife and both sell them. Might even get adjoining cells in our final years. :laughing9:
 
i would love to find a counterfit coin for the collection. and BTW i believe you can sell them as long as they are labeled "copy" or "counterfit"
 
mistergee said:
i would love to find a counterfit coin for the collection. and BTW i believe you can sell them as long as they are labeled "copy" or "counterfit"
I think they actually have to struck into the metal with COPY or be a different size. This one is now in my collection and I will be telling my daughter that when I am pushing up flowers, don't sell it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom