What's new

Last Weeks Finds. My First Walker!!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
1,620
Reaction score
1,886
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Howdy Y'all,

I'll have to post this as a series, because a lot happened last week. I only hunted one day because I wanted to help my father-in-law get some farming done, but it was a really good day.

Bank 1 sold me a $500 bag of halves that yielded:

2000 Proof and 2 NIFC
2 x 40%
MY FIRST WALKER!!! SHE'S A BEAUT!!!

IMG_0294.webp

IMG_0295.webp

Bank 2 had $990 in rolls that I figured was a dump, but I bought them anyway. They yielded:

2 x Ben Franklin (’62 & ’63)
’64 Kennedy x 24 including one that is gold plated
14 x 40%
1 George VI (1947)
IMG_0280.webp IMG_0285.webp
IMG_0286.webp

Bank 3 had $220 in rolls that yielded:

4 x 40%
And an extra $1.50 in clad

I also picked up 2 x 40% at a couple of other bank stops from tellers trays. So the totals for the day were:
1 dateless Walking Liberty
2 x Ben Franklin
24 x 90% Kennedy
22 x 40%

One of the banks where I got a 40%er from a teller tray asked if I was a collector. I said yes, and she gave me a bunch of the rejects that came from the coin counter/sorter. It yielded what may be my best find yet, but that will be for my next post. Thanks for lookin’.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Upvote 0
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Great score and pics. That Walker looks like it's been around. I have a couple like that.
Might be your first Walker, but certainly won't be your last.
Hope you get a whole roll of them :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Nice Walker! Congrats!
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Great Walker. Welcome to the club.
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Awesome. Ah you are going to make me wait to see your best find? What is up with that? Kantuck, did you find a Barber??

Golden Silver
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Nope. No Barber, and now it may not be my best find. I wasn't trying to keep you hanging, I just didn't have time to post it earlier. I'm hoping that my quarter in the other post is a wrong planchet error, not a counterfeit. That would be my best find yet.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Congrats on finding a walker! It's a sign that there's more to come just around the corner :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Nice job finding the walker. You will never forget your first time! What kind of boxes do you do?
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

I get Brinks, but I haven't ordered in a couple of weeks. I've been doing road trips, picking up loosies and customer rolls, dumps, etc.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Snagged my first brinks box today. Bank was supposed to order me 2 but only got 1. Have 2 more on order right now. Lets see if the Brinks vein is alive around here.
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Good luck. I hope you get the dream. The Brinks boxes around here were giving up about 1 silver/box, but I've had better luck with road trips (usually. I've been burned a couple of times).

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: Last Week's Finds. My First Walker!!

Those look like some old wrappers!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom