What's new

Late season water hunt.... 22k GOLD

biggmike

Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
2
Location
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with Lookindown for an all day hunt and came up with a first for me. About an hour in and only a few coins to show for it I was pleasantly surprised when I looked in the scoop and saw this beauty......

DSC02080.webp

I have found 18K, paladium and even platinum but I have never found 22K until now.

DSC02079.webp

I'm pretty sure it's from the UK.

DSC02083.webp

Lookindown got a chunky 9K and Dave got a nice 18K from Egypt last week so I think the foreigners have arrived. The water was a little chilly (81 degrees) and the temps are dropping but I think we still have a few more good weeks left.

Thanks for looking.


​
 
Upvote 0
great find, and yes the jewelry marking seem to indicate from UK.
 
Nice fat 22 karat ring. Congratulations. The soda pops are on you.
 
Man, nice 22K Fatty!!!
 
Sweet find, WTG BigMike!

Cliff
 
Awesome ring! Don't you just hate that cold water! LOL
 
Very nice. 22k is cool!
 
Your ring is from the UK...The maker is H. Samuel...the crown means gold...the anchor means it was marked in the Birmingham assay office and the M means it was hall marked in 1961. That thing was pretty in person...beautiful color and felt like lead...weve had a great Summer...congrats on a great find and looking forward to the next hunt.
 
Wow that is a Pig!! Love those solid bands, 22k sweet!
 
beauty of a ring! 81 degrees? Sounds quite lovely actually.
 
That's a beauty for sure. WTG

Us Northeast Pirates would love to be hunting in chilly 81 degree water temps, wouldn't we guys and gals. :laughing7:
 
Nice digs. Nice ring.
 
Nice love to see close up on hallmarks.
 
Sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Lovely water temp there for getting wet. I did a cold local dive in southern Ontario for fun (no detector) on the weekend and the guy I was with suggested "I tie a string on it, so I can find it again". We each collected some fishing lures. I would have preferred what you had in your scoop.
 
That's a beauty for sure. WTG

Us Northeast Pirates would love to be hunting in chilly 81 degree water temps, wouldn't we guys and gals. :laughing7:

We are definitely spoiled here in Florida. It was windy is the only real reason it was cool but we're used to 87 degree water and the sun beaming down with the air temp around 93. It never fails that when me and lookindown meet up while hunting that one of us mentions that we live in paradise. I regularly stop, look around and am just amazed by my surroundings. We love it here for sure and don't take any of it for granted. We meet guys here all the time that come here on vacation and get to hunt a couple days or a week and we can go whenever we want. We are very lucky indeed....
 
What a sweet fat, juicy hunk of wonderful ness!! Congrats Mike!
 
The water was a little chilly (81 degrees) and the temps are dropping but I think we still have a few more good weeks left.

That cracks me up!!! You should try water hunting up north. The water temps were about 50 degrees two weeks ago!

That is one neat and unique chunk of gold!!!
 
sweet find!! I'm starting to think about the wet suit!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom