Latest attack on a miner

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About three weeks ago a M.E.G on the way to his claim, without lawful warrant, and failure to declare a lawful probable cause, was impeded and physically injured by Oregon State Police. The encounter resulting in his prospecting and mining tools being taken and then being charged for their return. Formal criminal complaint has been file with county sheriff against OSP Officer, and others involved, for atleast theft of private property and extortion.

More information to be shared on this situation as it develops.

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Todd explains "It is really do or die for us if we don't find a new claim...." Blah Blah Blah...... we're all gonna starve to death and die.......

We should be so lucky.

Geeez it's always do or die for these a**-clowns......

I really can't stand that stupid show ..... or the bunch of whining sniveling be-otches the are on it...........
I think I watched it twice ............ :BangHead:

Oh and did I mention I didn't care for the show..............:laughing7:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd explains "It is really do or die for us if we don't find a new claim...." Blah Blah Blah...... we're all gonna starve to death and die.......

We should be so lucky.

I really can't stand that stupid show ..... or the bunch of whining sniveling be-otches the are on it...........

Dont sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel :tongue3:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you do know I have to exercise a little political correctness on the forums......:laughing7:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We should be so lucky.

The show is GARBAGE AFAIC.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
12376603_410419272481079_1385912384319177541_n.jpg

I think this pretty much sums up my feelings on being P.C.

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About three weeks ago a M.E.G on the way to his claim, without lawful warrant, and failure to declare a lawful probable cause, was impeded and physically injured by Oregon State Police. The encounter resulting in his prospecting and mining tools being taken and then being charged for their return. Formal criminal complaint has been file with county sheriff against OSP Officer, and others involved, for atleast theft of private property and extortion.

At the South West Oregon Mining Association meeting this last Friday evening, its was said it had then been better than two weeks since the Formal Criminal Complaint was filed with county sheriff against OSP Officer(s), and others, and that the sheriff has yet to respond to the complaint.

And the M.E.G.'s property taken has not been returned, nor him being given notice of availability for its pick-up.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
There method of dosposeing of "others equipment" is to sell it at a auction somewhere else in the state. I have a friend that still hadn't received his property from the 90s!!!

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Word at the Jefferson Mining District meeting this evening, its been just over a month since the above M.E.G.'s Formal Criminal Complaint was filed with the local sheriff, and yet no response.

May have a copy of the Complaint to post soon.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
if this kind of treatment to miners continues across our Land theres bound to be trouble pop up and if-n-when it does ,itll get National attention , just like the cattle grazeing guys or Idaho or whatever the wacoenviromentalists want to publisize! then itll all go to h*ll in a hang basket!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks like it needs to go strait to the attourny general of Oregon . Maybe that would get the ball rolling . Maybe make a plea to the Govenor of the state , if not maybe a trip to the federal attourny general . The rights of the common miners needs to be addressed at some level .

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks like it needs to go strait to the attourny general of Oregon . Maybe that would get the ball rolling . Maybe make a plea to the Govenor of the state , if not maybe a trip to the federal attourny general . The rights of the common miners needs to be addressed at some level .
Its Oregon....none of the people named give a crap about Miners,loggers or ranchers......One trip to Eugene will just break your heart if you are the sort that wants to use natural resources....they hate us up there!!!!

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I could go on a political rant on this forum about Oregon's political elite, but I don't want to get banned. I will say this however. If you want to extract natural resources in Oregon you face a steep uphill battle with those who control the state government.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What does this have to do with mining or miners? The original story only indicates a miner encountered the police on the way to his claim. Obviously this isn't about mining on a claim.

What are we talking about here? Expired registration, no turn signal? Hard to get behind a cause when it's a secret as to what happened or who's involved.

Heavy Pans

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this have to do with mining or miners? The original story only indicates a miner encountered the police on the way to his claim. Obviously this isn't about mining on a claim.

What are we talking about here? Expired registration, no turn signal? Hard to get behind a cause when it's a secret as to what happened or who's involved.

Heavy Pans

I was just saying if this was true that , it should be looked at on a state or federal level . JMHO

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is hard to say without seeing the documentation, but it was implied that access was denied to an open mining area or claim and the mining equipment was confiscated. I would be interested in seeing the facts as the general area in Josephine county has very diverse political views on how the public land should be utilized.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is hard to say without seeing the documentation, but it was implied that access was denied to an open mining area or claim and the mining equipment was confiscated. I would be interested in seeing the facts as the general area in Josephine county has very diverse political views on how the public land should be utilized.

I with you on that for sure !!!

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heavy Pans

At the point of having most or all the M.E.G.'s prospecting/mining tools taken and not being returned, its about not having an ability to prospect/mine his Mineral Estate (claim) without the extra expense for tool replacement.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At the point of having most or all the M.E.G.'s prospecting/mining tools taken and not being returned, its about not having an ability to prospect/mine his Mineral Estate (claim) without the extra expense for tool replacement.

OK so they didn't deny him access to a claim. WHY did they take his tools MEG? What was the seizure based on?

The simple facts - just what caused this guy to be stopped and have his property taken when he wasn't on his claim.

For all we know he was fishing from an unregistered boat and his prospecting equipment was on board when they confiscated the boat. Maybe he was shooting at passing cars? Was he a secret IS member on his way to blow up a bridge and just happened to have a pick and shovel in his trunk? There are a whole bunch of reasons why this guy lost his tools that don't necessarily have anything to do with mining.

Your own posts don't indicate he was conducting any mining activities.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread