What's new

Lead ammunition ball

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
4,024
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Looking for info on this lead ball I found in the woods while searching for a mid/late 18th century site I know is in there ...somewhere ;D I have found about 30 shotgun and rifle shells so I know hunters have been all over - but only one of these balls. I also have found two early/mid 19th c gilt flat buttons so I know I am getting close :icon_thumleft:

weighs 9 g

Thanks!

25uis6b.jpg


2rdj39l.jpg
 
Looks like your standard musketball. It fits the period of the site you are searching for.
 
Upvote 0
Good! Thanks Kiros. I've found some other balls before on another site but I think they were more modern make. This one does have a different look to it compared to those.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom