What's new

Lead Beach Finds (Military Related?)

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these this morning in an area that has seen heavy military action. These were found strewn through a musket ball field on the beach. They are lead but I haven't a clue...anyone?
 

Attachments

  • 27 February 2011 015.webp
    27 February 2011 015.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 27 February 2011 015.webp
    27 February 2011 015.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 27 February 2011 016.webp
    27 February 2011 016.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 270
Look like lead ingots. The long pieces coming off the sides would have connected several together in the mold.
They were probably going to be melted and turned into more of those musket balls.
 
Upvote 0
That makes sense...and fits for the area found...I would like to give it a green check but would also like to see an example of an actual mold...must be something out there on the interweb!
 
Upvote 0
I haven't found a pic of a mold but here are some lead ingots found at a NY French & Indian War site:

1j5m6w.jpg
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom