Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 14, 2010 #1 Just looking for an approximate age on this lead button. Appreciate it. Attachments 001.webp 207.3 KB · Views: 220 002.webp 202.4 KB · Views: 212
Don in SJ Silver Member Joined May 20, 2005 Messages 4,938 Reaction score 859 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used MINELAB SE Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 14, 2010 #2 I have seen examples with raised dots for backmarks dated to the 1790's. Don Added: the only reason I saw the examples is I found one(pewter) and started looking in Tice's book and found one with raised dots for backmark listed at that time frame. Attachments PewterFlower.webp 60.6 KB · Views: 188 Upvote 0
I have seen examples with raised dots for backmarks dated to the 1790's. Don Added: the only reason I saw the examples is I found one(pewter) and started looking in Tice's book and found one with raised dots for backmark listed at that time frame.
Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 14, 2010 Thread Owner #3 Thanks Don. I'd say that's close enough Upvote 0
Iron Patch Platinum Member Joined Sep 28, 2007 Messages 19,276 Reaction score 8,953 Golden Thread 3 Location Dirtyville 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 14, 2010 #4 The one thing I do know is when I start digging lead buttons it's probably going to be a good day! They turn up here anywhere from 1740s to 1790s. Upvote 0
The one thing I do know is when I start digging lead buttons it's probably going to be a good day! They turn up here anywhere from 1740s to 1790s.
Woodland Detectors Gold Member Joined Nov 23, 2008 Messages 12,783 Reaction score 143 Golden Thread 0 Location Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 14, 2010 Thread Owner #5 Yeah, we went saturday to my trusty old town. We dug like 9 buttons, a ton of Iron, a super tiny thimble and some other goodies.... Nothing that sat the world on fire though Upvote 0
Yeah, we went saturday to my trusty old town. We dug like 9 buttons, a ton of Iron, a super tiny thimble and some other goodies.... Nothing that sat the world on fire though