Dig-MV

Aug 26, 2014
Martha’s Vineyard
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a honey hole that keeps on giving. Once a year it get mowed and yesterday I got word that it was done on Sunday. Well knew rain was coming so got out early before work. Lots of overgrown spots now cleared I started slow. The rain slowly started to push me out but got a deep scratchy tone and pulled this round coin thing. It's holed and smooth on one side so I would thing necklace? I've never seen anything like it but seem like something. If anyone has any information would love to know more about this thing. The site is old with cellar hole in middle hopefully some one can shed some light on this thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651.4 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 5

Perses

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites TRX bullseye Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
youre holding a lead bale seal, very cool find! Check to see where/how many holes it has.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the better lead seals I've seen lately!

Congrats :icon_thumright:

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Hello Dig-MV,
I am interested in knowing what state or province did you find your bale seal. I watch "peace havens" videos on youtube. Ged Dodd in the U.K. is largely responsible for the flax seal database that Jan Nielson referred you to so that you could identify your find. I think Mr. Dodd would like to know one of "his" seals was found in the New World. His videos are very pleasant to watch, and even occasionally have a little "birdsong".
Good luck, and thanks for sharing,
Phil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread