Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll tell ya one thing, I intend on finding out !

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Judging by the width, 2/3s of it is back filled, I need to wait until the trees bush out, it's too exposed to prying eyes right now. It's probably a mine slope or an air shaft, it all depends on whether or not there's railroad tracks inside.

Last edited:

Perses

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites TRX bullseye Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like fairly modern brick, it was most likely filled and entrance was covered by the brick youre looking at to prevent the structure from breaking down. Are you seriously going to break in there?

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just one brick to get a video camera and light in there. If air flows in or out its safe, no air movement, deadly.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like an old kiln covered for safety. we have lots of them in Kingston and Rosendale, Ulster county, NY where there were many brick makers

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have sealed up old coal mines and ventilation shafts, some can actually go back to 1797.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
This is why sledge hammers where invented. Looks like someone already had a go; I would dig down a little deeper to a wider spot that has been more exposed to the elements of the wet earth and then give it a good smashing. Take a tarp with you of course and tack it the wall above, spray it down real good with some glue and chuck leaves over it. Give you a little more time to really have a good look.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
El chapo's tunnel :dontknow:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why sledge hammers where invented. Looks like someone already had a go; I would dig down a little deeper to a wider spot that has been more exposed to the elements of the wet earth and then give it a good smashing. Take a tarp with you of course and tack it the wall above, spray it down real good with some glue and chuck leaves over it. Give you a little more time to really have a good look.
Or dig a hole in front big enough to hide you from ground level and spread the dirt out, then you can work kinda undetected. Take out a few bricks and use your 200 million watt light to check it out.
Marvin

williedigit

Oct 24, 2015
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and WHITES SILVER EAGLE also MINELAB 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope that's where the Boston strangler is hiding out:laughing7:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked at a bar in Hanford California that had a bricked up entrance to the old opium dens that went to the towns China Alley, a lot of the old businesses in Downtown had the tunnels linking them, cool to have seen history firsthand.I was always tempted to open it up and explore but never did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread