What's new

✅ SOLVED Lead Oval from Civil War Site

tcornel

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
462
Reaction score
706
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were hunting in Virginia at a confirmed civil war permission.

It is lead and measures 2 11/16 by 1 7/16. Perhaps 1/8 inch thick. No markings that I can see. There are some indents middle, upper center.

Could this be a backing for some kind of badge, etc. ?
 

Attachments

  • Picture_20225407085432.webp
    Picture_20225407085432.webp
    892.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Picture_20225407085408.webp
    Picture_20225407085408.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
I think Tony in SC is onto it
 
Upvote 2
Upvote 1
Maybe they sliced it down . I do know they did all kinds of things to bullets for WHAT EVER REASONS they wanted
 
Upvote 1
I've found those in winter camps in Stafford and Spotsylvania county Va . I always felt they were poker chips.
Thank you for the id. That maes sense. This was found in Spotsylvania County near the battlefield.
 
Upvote 2
I have seen both bullets and buttons smacked down to make poker chips.
 
Upvote 1
Thank you for the id. That maes sense. This was found in Spotsylvania County near the battlefield.
that's where I found some as well as a chess game castle carved from a bullet. found on hancock off of brock.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom