What's new

Lead Pressed Through a Harmonica Reed?

KYshooter

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
298
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This piece of lead is about 3 1/2 inches in length. It looks to me like someone melted and poured lead over or through a harmonica reed.

Would you agree? Any ideas why?

Here is a front and top view ...

05-23-11-lead-1.jpg


05-23-11-lead-2.jpg
 
I don't think it is lead. I think it is an OLD harmonica that had a zinc casing that melted trough the reed plate.
I would be interested in buying that piece if you ever want to part with it.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
I don't think it is lead. I think it is an OLD harmonica that had a zinc casing that melted trough the reed plate.
I would be interested in buying that piece if you ever want to part with it.

Oh, it's most definitely lead. Extremely heavy. I don't have a weight on it ... will try to get one tomorrow.
 
Upvote 0
I've dug old lead battery cells that look like that.If I get chance I'll see if I've bought any home in my lead scrap.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • eurobat[1].webp
    eurobat[1].webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
Here's a cut out of a 1920's battery.I think you have the part I marked.
 

Attachments

  • 39-pic3[1].webp
    39-pic3[1].webp
    264 KB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
Here's a cut out of a 1920's battery.I think you have the part I marked.


Nice ID ... I do believe that you are correct! Never once thought of that possibility! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
I buy lead for .50 a lb

I save all of mine for a fishing buddy ... he makes his own jig heads. And he keeps me supplied! :)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom