What's new

LEAD Soldier Broken Leg?? advise on Helping mend?

Reverend B*IKE*

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
389
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a nice condition lead soldier. Has a clean broken leg. Actually in two places same leg. I may have done it, cause it looks clean. Should I epoxy it? Gorrilla glue? I think it would be better off with some kind of repair. Anyone ever do this already. Can I learn from anybodys mistake thanks for all the help!
hollar if you need a better picture.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0007sm.webp
    IMG_0007sm.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0007sm.webp
    IMG_0007sm.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 314
I think if it was me, I'd just try to get both sides of the break as close as possible and leave it at that. If you try to glue it the chemicals in the glue could ruin the original paint.
 
Some kind of glue may work, but I'm not sure if I would use Gorilla Glue. The stuff expands when it dries and it may make the soldier look like he has a cancerous tumor in his leg.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom