What's new

Lead whatsit ??

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
460
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in the same field as .58 cal drops,and A cast I Any Ideas would be welcome. HH
I think I'll go along with your idea Breezie, A nipple protector it is.
 
Looks Like what's left of a fired Slug
that Hit a rock or tree:D
 
Upvote 0
That's what I was thinking Jeff.
 
Upvote 0
How about the numbers....looks like 242 to me....??
 
Upvote 0
Possibly a mangled up lead seal.
 
Upvote 0
Gunrunner61 said:
How about the numbers....looks like 242 to me....??
Maybe it hit a tree that had 242 carved in backwards? :D
 
Upvote 0
right,right,right :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
 
Upvote 0
didn't notice the number

Id\'s_please_013.webp

Id\'s_please_009.webp

looks a bit big for the seals I'v found
But possable I Guess
 
Upvote 0
You're getting better with the pictures Greg , keep it up :thumbsup: . Going to give you a call in a little bit , got to turn my uniforms in first , though , by then you should be up .



Dave
 
Upvote 0
Since it has a post, it looks like a CW musket 'nipple protector' that was stamped with the regiment number. Or either it was a stamped lead piece that was carved into a nipple protector. During camp boredom, soldiers would carved nipple protectors out of round balls and other bullets. Below is one I found last year. Neat find :thumbsup: Breezie
 

Attachments

  • RoundBall2.webp
    RoundBall2.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 483
  • RoundBall3.webp
    RoundBall3.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 510
  • RoundBall2.webp
    RoundBall2.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 477
  • RoundBall3.webp
    RoundBall3.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Since it has a post, it looks like a CW musket 'nipple protector' that was stamped with the regiment number. Or either it was a stamped lead piece that was carved into a nipple protector. During camp boredom, soldiers would carved nipple protectors out of round balls and other bullets. Below is one I found last year. Neat find :thumbsup: Breezie
A nipple protector. Wow thats amazing. A little water down the nipple will ruin your day along with your gunpowder..
 
Upvote 0
Aaaah, a GUN's nipple protector!!!

Me and my dirty mind.... :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom