What's new

Łeba Poland today

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,802
Reaction score
76,230
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like one uses Whites :thumbsup: the other may be an E-Terra

I wonder if they found Can tabs .


Untitledv.webp

Zobacz ?eba Pla?a, Agados na ?ywo.Kamera ?eba Pla?a, Agados LIVE.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ja zobacziwam.

I think that's on the Baltic shore.

Was supposed to visit there when I was a guest of friends some years ago, but time contraints prevented the plan.

Wonder what time of the year that pic was taken?

Lorraine
 
Ja zobacziwam.

I think that's on the Baltic shore.

Was supposed to visit there when I was a guest of friends some years ago, but time contraints prevented the plan.

Wonder what time of the year that pic was taken?

Lorraine

Today Just a little after 9AM their time
 
Thank you, Jeff...or perhaps I should say "Dziekuje"! :angel3:

Lorraine
 
I was told that the beaches on the Baltic are loaded with amber....one can walk along the beaches and pick up the pieces .

Lo
 
I was told that the beaches on the Baltic are loaded with amber....one can walk along the beaches and pick up the pieces .

Lo

I wonder why that is. I always thought Amber was fossilized tree sap.

Shipwrecks maybe ?

looks like winter has arrived there today 8AM Łeba time

Untitled.webpUntitlede.webpUntitledee.webpUntitled4.webp
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
It's not that easy-but possible- to find amber on the Baltic shores. Foung about a handfull over the years. And the Amber Room from old St. Petersburg/Russia is still missing (made from Baltic amber). It's one of the worlds best known treasures still to be found. It's been lost during WWII.
I live about 1 hours drive from the Baltic Sea coast, going there tomorrow morning for some detecting at Warnemuende (there's some Webcams too). Weather is good. Detecting is OK, but we've been sanded in since February.
 
after 10:AM in Warnemünde
I guess I got there too late

Untitled232.webp

Untitled998.webp

Untitled2222.webp
 
Last edited:
WOW ! 10:57 AM in Łeba Poland today

No wonder it's good for detecting

Untitleduu.webp

Untitled89.webp
 
Last edited:
Cape May n.j.

too early

Untitleddf.webp
 
WOW! That second pic of the Baltic beach looks like a page out of a "Where's Waldo " book!

Lorraine
 
WOW! That second pic of the Baltic beach looks like a page out of a "Where's Waldo " book!

Lorraine

Good observation.

Reminds me of some parts of the West where they drive cattle through town when it is necessary to get to and from the high/low grass ranges. Was caught in a large herd of long horns one morning driving to work (KodaK moment).

Would not want to be near the entrances and exits, when this human herd starts moving, especially if panicked/ or stampeded.


This is a new frontier for me, as I have never been on a peopled in beach.
I know how to time the tides, but how do you time the ebb and flow of those on the beach? Any guesses on where the towel line is? Or when/where it would be safe to detect?

This may be one of those situations where you would do better beach combing eyeballing for targets, or using a rake, than swinging a coil.
 
Last edited:
Does this mean it's legal to detect in Poland ? :)
 
it apparently is on that Beach.
twice now I've seen Detectorists & beach workers there at the same time.
 
Hi all, This was a reply i just made to someone else about Baltic amber, and i figured i'd pop back into tnet to possibly share this little bit of info, or insight of a possible treasure tip.....
I have never really had any interest in amber or the Baltic sea, but ....
This all started when someone asked me about a video of a whirlpool / sinkhole that was discovered during a flood of a river overrunning it's banks. It turned out to be in latvia, and after a bit of quick research of the geology, geography, and topography of the area, i determined it to be washed out limestone caverns that eventually flushed into the Baltic sea.
Given that Latvia and Lithuania are the prime areas of amber deposits, and that the Baltic sea is noted for its amber washing up on its shores, I realized that i may just have figured out the mystery of where all that Baltic amber was originating from.
I applied a bit of knowledge of the prevailing winds, currents, hydrogeology, sedimentary deposits, coastal features, etc., and from as near as i could figure, this area of the coast above the town called Otradnoye shows a very high probability of being an area that could be laden with high concentrations of amber deposits. That is how i discovered on google maps those unusual features just below the surface along the shoreline there.
I know that i will never be able to get over there or do anything with the info, but i thought that given your contacts that you may know of someone over there that could use the tip about that area.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom