What's new

Legal to MD on SC beaches?

Glen Burnie

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2014
Messages
38
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Headed to SC for vacation very soon. Does SC law prohibit me from detecting on the beaches?
 
Headed to SC for vacation very soon. Does SC law prohibit me from detecting on the beaches?

You are allowed to detect on the beach. Just do not disturb the grass or detect around it.
 
Thank you for the information.

Wanted to make sure I was legally ok to hunt since I hope to spend the entire week metal detecting. Parks ok?
 
Glen, you've got to be more specific. The beaches of CA (I'm guessing) can be of multiple different entities. Ie.: city beaches, county beaches, state beaches, federal beaches, and perhaps private beaches.

Yenges, just curious, where do you get your information ? :)
 
Glen, you've got to be more specific. The beaches of CA (I'm guessing) can be of multiple different entities. Ie.: city beaches, county beaches, state beaches, federal beaches, and perhaps private beaches. Yenges, just curious, where do you get your information ? :)

Just figured he would be at a public beach like myrtle which is allowed. But parks at myrtle are not.
 
I have a trip planned in June to sc and was able to google search the info I got.
 
Glen, you've got to be more specific. The beaches of CA (I'm guessing) can be of multiple different entities. Ie.: city beaches, county beaches, state beaches, federal beaches, and perhaps private beaches.

Yenges, just curious, where do you get your information ? :)

Tom, they are referring to South Carolina not Southern Cali. And yes you can detect the public beaches in most areas. Parks are a no no. If you're there in mid summer, especially first week in June go early in the morning or early evening. Graduation week. Kids, kids and more kids. Good luck.
 
glen if u r going to the myrtle beach area u may want to get up early in the morn to detect or rig up detector for nite hunting as the beaches r very crowded during the day from now to sept.Its ok to detect during day but u will be dodging alot of people. Last year i rigged up a couple of flashlights to mine and hunted mostly at nite....not only was there no crowds but the temps were a lot more comfortable also
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom