Legend of the Stone Maps

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is missing on the Padre is what's important.

What don't you see?

I've found those square stones all over the place I think I have a few pix of them they don't mean much unless they have a sitting priest on them with a symbol or two.

The sitting Priests are not Witches. They are however something else controlled by the Witch.

Minions.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
It is clear some of you are not keeping up on current stone map events.

i think a lot of us has been, so Frank why do you think the priest/witch
was carved on a fake stone map

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
That moment has arrived. Your just at the wrong bus station to see it.

That explains everything!

Still, I thought that there would be fanfare and fireworks to ring in the many revelations about the man who couldn't read the stone maps and lived to write a book about it. Perhaps the moment was overstated. Stuff happens.
BTW, are you here recruiting for the other bus line or just keeping one foot in both stations to play it safe?
Either way, welcome back.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That explains everything!

Still, I thought that there would be fanfare and fireworks to ring in the many revelations about the man who couldn't read the stone maps and lived to write a book about it. Perhaps the moment was overstated. Stuff happens.
BTW, are you here recruiting for the other bus line or just keeping one foot in both stations to play it safe?
Either way, welcome back.

Hal,
If it weren't for "The man who couldn't read the stone maps and lived to write a book about it" there would not be a legend as we know it today. And, you wouldn't be so attracted to a forum discussing this man or initiating your own threads about theories revolved around this man, his family and his heritage. BUT...as you stated so bluntly; "the man who couldn't read the stone maps and lived to write a book about it" has created quite a following in fashion since 1949.
By the way, do you have that poster of Superman hanging in your house somewhere? Attracted to leotards or diapers...or both?

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The sitting Priests are not Witches. They are however something else controlled by the Witch.

Minions.

Minions???? Who knew.............:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Minion2.jpg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is missing on the Padre is what's important.

What don't you see?

I've found those square stones all over the place I think I have a few pix of them they don't mean much unless they have a sitting priest on them with a symbol or two.

Minions.

Bill.....sometimes I wonder about you

Treasure Hunter.jpg

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,
If it weren't for "The man who couldn't read the stone maps and lived to write a book about it" there would not be a legend as we know it today. And, you wouldn't be so attracted to a forum discussing this man or initiating your own threads about theories revolved around this man, his family and his heritage. BUT...as you stated so bluntly; "the man who couldn't read the stone maps and lived to write a book about it" has created quite a following in fashion since 1949.
By the way, do you have that poster of Superman hanging in your house somewhere? Attracted to leotards or diapers...or both?

I think that it is fair to say that this legend was introduced to the general public by Mitchel, via Richard Stolley. For the most part, Travis was an unknown when the story broke and in my opinion, he is the least interesting character in all this. Not to say that his history isn't interesting. It is but, only as part of a much large story. A following in fashion? O - kay.

Regarding the poster... sadly we are not permitted to hang anything on the walls here. However I do carry this tinny little photograph with me to remind me of all the wonderful knowledge and enthusiasm that some members bring to the table.

Leotards YES (winters are cold here), diapers..... not so much.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that it is fair to say that this legend was introduced to the general public by Mitchel, via Richard Stolley. For the most part, Travis was an unknown when the story broke and in my opinion, he is the least interesting character in all this. Not to say that his history isn't interesting. It is but, only as part of a much large story. A following in fashion? O - kay.

Regarding the poster... sadly we are not permitted to hang anything on the walls here. However I do carry this tinny little photograph with me to remind me of all the wonderful knowledge and enthusiasm that some members bring to the table.

Leotards YES (winters are cold here), diapers..... not so much.

Fashion;

transitive verb
1 a :to give shape or form to :mold
b :alter, transform
c :to mold into a particular character by influencing or training
d :to make or construct usually with the use of imagination and ingenuity <fashion a lamp from an old churn>
2 :fit, adapt

PS: little one in the pic is adorable.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Lookee holes there everywhere!

It's awful hard to explain something that no one else has seen or knows about. That's why I say there's a set of stone maps or leather / parchment maps missing from the original set.

The mountain that holds the final gold mine has highway signs on one side similar too the same types of signs and symbols you gentlemen have discovered by school of hard knocks. The square type stones are symbols of a Priest campsite. These sitting Priests or minions are not the Witch so I assume they are controlled by the Witch. I've talked about them before. Some of them have heads of a praying Mantis others have human type heads but not exactly a human face. Here's a smaller example of a praying Minion with a hooded one in front of it.

They almost always have their heads turned slightly. Usually, they are sitting on a block shaped base but I have seen them standing with their arms inside their robe sleeves. When they are standing you look for more of them as they will show you a place that they are coming out of and going into. This is just one example I have many more that I can't show.

View attachment 1190872

Bill.....sometimes I wonder about you

View attachment 1190776

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The things missing from the Priest stone are:

Tongue
Feet
Teeth
four symbols of the cross
Eye of Tio, Horus or Croc
Snail
Turtle
Snake
Wolf
Lion
Croc
Skull
Walker symbol's
Distorted Witches Face
Lantern
Minion Priests
Janus

There are more but, these are missing from the one Padre / Horse map stone.

The Horse is there and the Witch is there.

The Severed Master Masons head with a Hitler style Mustache is not shown. Hitler considered himself to be a master mason and was into the occult. He styled his mustache after that.

So what I see is an incomplete map set.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
azdave,
I read Ryan's conclusions. Seems Travis wasn't a hoaxer after-all and the stones now lead to very real gold in the Superstitions. Whew. Ryan did a great job convincing himself of that idea and perhaps a few others. I never want to assume anything so, are you one of the others? A tinny bit less skeptical or do you also suspect the "ground map" of being fraudulent? That is a very real possibility since nothing has been recovered yet, officially that is.

Seriously, warming to the idea?
Thanks Dave.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
azdave,
I read Ryan's conclusions. Seems Travis wasn't a hoaxer after-all and the stones now lead to very real gold in the Superstitions. Whew. Ryan did a great job convincing himself of that idea and perhaps a few others. I never want to assume anything so, are you one of the others? A tinny bit less skeptical or do you also suspect the "ground map" of being fraudulent? That is a very real possibility since nothing has been recovered yet, officially that is.

Seriously, warming to the idea?
Thanks Dave.
i'm still of the same opinion i've always had..those stone maps haven't ever led anyone to anything of value and they never will..

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know if you were to find a site. Would anyone know how to lay it out. O. The stone maps I have are different than most I've seen. The picture that bill posted are like mine except you can hold in your hand. The ones I own are made from many different types of stone. What do you do with the numbers? Like 17, 55, 27 etc.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread