Legend of the Stone Maps

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody else wanted a box to fit in the county.

View attachment 1189433

Boy, I've been there and done that. On a horrendously hot day too. Saw it way up on a mountainside and had to climb up for a closer look.
Got me thinking though....what if you wanted to avoid all that work of digging a hole and just put everything in a box and plastered it over with concrete.
Make it blend right in with what was around it.
Hell, someone else could come along and be sitting on it and wouldn't know.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe,

I do work about five miles from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), and I am less than a mile from The California Institute of Technology (CIT).

I did come to you several times about ten years ago. I reached out to several people at the time, because my knowledge of the Stone Maps was very limited. I took in what everybody I spoke to had to say. Read what I could. FOIA'ed what wasn't easily available.

I base all my current theories on all the information I have collected from many people. Some of whom I agree with, and some I have come to opposite conclusions with. One of the things I have not done is spent any great amount of time trying to figure out where the Stone Maps lead to. As I have said numerous times, "I don't personally care whether the Stone Maps are authentic or hoaxes. I don't have any vested interest in them one way or another". If something jumped out at me, I may have followed that clue to a logical conclusion, but as I have also stated numerous times, I don't believe with all the known clues for both the LDM and the Stone Maps, either could be found. Over the years, so many of the monuments and markers have been torn down, moved, added to, and changed. Also, most of the stories have been embellished and even wholly made up. I choose to spend most of my time chasing down less well known stories. Stories that people have not been beating to death for a hundred years. All these Stone Map and LDM Discussions are just something to eat up down time.

Mike

Nice post. These mega-legends are a lot like watching reality TV - yeah, kinda fun at times but nothing to wrap your life around. I wholeheartedly agree with your emphasis on lesser-known stories. If they have a basis in truth, their facts are likely to be much less corrupted and might even offer the possibility of being solved.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cajon, in addition to box, bin or locker also means a coffin. Or, so I'm told. Y'all........:laughing7:

Might fit better than some other meanings. Still can't get around how COAZON would have prompted anyone to jump to any of the "box" words.

Ryan has indicated that the manuscript has a photo of a "different" Horse/Priest stone, on which the "box" word appears where the "COAZON" is on the stone we are familiar with. He has supplied a censored copy of the description, which I posted previously in this thread, where the word appears thus (box). as typed by Travis.
That's the reason for the jump in this discussion.

Regards:SH.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Boy, I've been there and done that. On a horrendously hot day too. Saw it way up on a mountainside and had to climb up for a closer look.
Got me thinking though....what if you wanted to avoid all that work of digging a hole and just put everything in a box and plastered it over with concrete.
Make it blend right in with what was around it.
Hell, someone else could come along and be sitting on it and wouldn't know.

It's not a stretch of the imagination to think if some one wanted to squirrel something real well they could with forethought.
Heck, even a mine...and who would willingly leave a valued asset unsecured when finished, in a time when others were willing to infringe on it?
Saving labor and the risk of exposure time concealing without a large work force might warrant a more conservative approach than heavy digging or closing a large entrance, I can agree with that.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
DON at one time meant ,
Historically, don was used to address members of the nobility, e.g. hidalgos and fidalgos, as well as members of the secular clergy. The treatment gradually came to be reserved for persons of the blood royal, and those of such acknowledged high or ancient aristocratic birth as to be noble de Juro e Herdade, that is, "by right and heredity" rather than by the king's grace
more @
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_(honorific)#Spain_and_its_colonies

I've put a lot of thought into that "DON", and some time looking for a manifestation of some kind out there to match.
I've also considered the possibility that it might be an acronym for something along the same lines as audentes fortuna iuvat = AFI.
But it remains a "loose end" that I still need to find an answer for, so speculation remains the byword for now.
Maybe the answer will be at the other end of that "fauces", and like I said to a couple of friends at work last week.
If you ain't bleeding, you're not giving it everything you've got.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a title also given to secular clergy CW, the "DON" could also be a direct link between that lower trail stone and the Priest on the H/P stone.
Although I suspect "DON" was reserved for only those of greater responsibility and power.
I don't think the honor was ever given to a "witch" .

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan has indicated that the manuscript has a photo of a "different" Horse/Priest stone, on which the "box" word appears where the "COAZON" is on the stone we are familiar with. He has supplied a censored copy of the description, which I posted previously in this thread, where the word appears thus (box). as typed by Travis.
That's the reason for the jump in this discussion.

Regards:SH.

Wayne

Could be " heart's box " . But which box ?
The end of the trail ( red box ) or CAVERNA AURUM ( yellow box ) ?

boxes.jpg

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone know when the manuscript will be published? With all of the bits of information coming out, I can not wait.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nobodie knows .

Last edited:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't give that "box" reference much credit. But; interestingly enough...it keeps showing up in new found references. Might want to look around at some other forums if you follow such things. Interesting stuff.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He looks (Searches) for the Map

He searches for the Booth?

Busca El Cajon

Sound's like Super Mans hide out!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally, when the religious used a "1" or a "0" they would drop those numerals so you have I am 8 places, Or, I go 8 paces, Or I go 8 places, or 8 Leagues and so on.

1847 = 8 4 7.

2-3 18-7

2-3 8-7

1=heart none=heart

You start where you start. Then go too 2.

Early Catholic Burials they would remove the heart from the person and bury it elsewhere.

If that person was a Witch IE Witch Map, you cut the heart in four pieces and bury each piece in all four corners of the city's limit or square.

Hence "Box".

This ensured the Witch would not rise up and curse the City.

Another word for box is Chamber or Vault.

I Never thought of this before but the human heart has four "Chambers".

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starting to look like the Peralta Stone's birth place which has some grave shaped holes could have more to do with the stones then first thought.

Just find the four heart pieces and X center the site....dig here=X!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The box you talk of looks more like a campsite Bed to me IE: Kenworthy.

Why would the lines extend beyond the box if not for bed legs?

Looks to me as though the "DON" was embossed by sanding or rubbing the area around the letters.
In the case of the museum stones, not much material was removed, so not as difficult or time consuming as the cross on the UTS.

View attachment 1189141

However, one thing in favor of the "DON" being original is the fact that it is upside down relative to the way the LTS seems to be oriented.
In other words, a clue perhaps to how that stone needs to be viewed when following the instructions given by the Priest.

Note what is at the top of the stone when that stone is inverted.....

View attachment 1189149

Could that be an illustration of what kind of (box) one needs to look for ?

Once again here is Ryan's censored scan of the relevant page of Travis' manuscript....

View attachment 1189150

In the part which I have outlined in red Travis is quoting someone else, as the last line indicates.
Perhaps it's just a mis-translation on their part.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, let's try this again. Like some of the other's, I'm having trouble getting the site to accept the original photo crop without a lengthy delay or lock up.

I don't think this "box" (notch at the base of the "bent arrow") would make a very good bed, Bill.
In the field it's as I described, a set of high stairs within a notch in an arched natural rock wall....like a stairwell.
It's the only way to the top side, without going around one end or the other, about 75' each way.
But I remembered something about the wall, which I hadn't given any thought to before this.
One stone in that wall has a "reverse" 2 carved in the surface.

View attachment 2_100_0603 orig.sm.bmp

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
speaking of the witch
This woodcut appeared in Cotton Mather, Wonders of the Invisible World (1689),
written during the Salem witch hunt
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8306/7838319270_6a40861929_o.jpg

pointy hats been around awhile

Illustrations and Pages from Texts
Images Related to the Historical Context of Witchcraft in "Young Goodman Brown"
Images Related to the Historical Context of Witchcraft in "Young Goodman Brown"

another img from book / pamphlet pg4 no other ill. in book by Cotton Mather
http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1003&context=zeabook

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
And the hat is still in use if you know what faith to look for

Attachments

• 1437454008454.jpg
    1437454008454.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 65

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
My pic just vanished, but in early religion the pointy hat was worn by the Wizard of Christ, Which must be true, sure made my pic vanish.

Wrmickel1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread