Lenape Pottery shard

NJrocks

Greenie
Feb 11, 2019
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all,

It has been a while since my last post. I have amassed quite a large amount of really beautiful Lenape stone tools in just a few months since my last login. I will periodically start uploading these finds in an organized manner.

I just wanted to share a find from today, about an hour ago.

A nice size piece of a Lenape clay vessel I found right in the creek nearby!

Cheers!

20190917_135139.jpg

Upvote 9

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing those I love that kind of stuff. Great relics hope to see more. Tommy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Lenape were indigenous here as well. For those who don't know, they were the tribe that sold rights to the Dutch for $24 to " share " the lands of Manhattan Island, but like most agreements between we European descendants and the American Indians, they were soon taken advantage of. A friend of mine told me about his relative's farm field that borders a small creek here flooding one year and washing away a section of the bank in a bend. It revealed clay " ovens ", pottery and other artifacts of native people. He became alarmed the government would come in and take over his land searching, and pushed dirt and rock over the area with a small dozer. I have begged the daughter-in-law of the man who now owns the land to allow me to detect the fields of the farm, but she says if she let me, she'd have to let everyone that asks. Because of it being so close to the site that has given me my avatar and other colonial finds, I am confident it would be a great permission. Looking forward to seeing your finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread