What's new

Lesche Knife not cutting it with the AT PRO

adamant

Greenie
Joined
Feb 22, 2011
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
sewell NJ
Lesche Knife not cutting it with the AT PRO

I am going to have to come up with something else.. its to short.. i am not complaining but i think i may have to re tool..
any ideas? i have the Lesche 42" T Handle one for farm fields but its to big to bring on a lawn..
 
Lesche Knife? I picked up a fiskas at walmart -it just doesn't have the hilt that the Lesche has. I still can't believe places sell the little plastic fiskas trowel for $29 and you can get them at walmart for like $4. it does have an edge to cut sod like the Lesche- I'm just thinking about using the cheap plastic trowel because I don't want to scratch any coins that I manage to find. being new I'm still learning what is good, bad, and just a plan waste of money.

T handle for that Lesche? now that is interesting-
 
mfitzy111 said:
Lesche Knife? I picked up a fiskas at walmart -it just doesn't have the hilt that the Lesche has. I still can't believe places sell the little plastic fiskas trowel for $29 and you can get them at walmart for like $4. it does have an edge to cut sod like the Lesche- I'm just thinking about using the cheap plastic trowel because I don't want to scratch any coins that I manage to find. being new I'm still learning what is good, bad, and just a plan waste of money.

T handle for that Lesche? now that is interesting-

http://newenglanddetectors.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=63
 
adamant said:
mfitzy111 said:
Lesche Knife? I picked up a fiskas at walmart -it just doesn't have the hilt that the Lesche has. I still can't believe places sell the little plastic fiskas trowel for $29 and you can get them at walmart for like $4. it does have an edge to cut sod like the Lesche- I'm just thinking about using the cheap plastic trowel because I don't want to scratch any coins that I manage to find. being new I'm still learning what is good, bad, and just a plan waste of money.

T handle for that Lesche? now that is interesting-

http://newenglanddetectors.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=63

Don't waste your money on that one. I ended up giving mine away to a buddy of mine for free. :nono:
 
There are several small spades available on line that are designed to cut small holes that are easy to carry and easy to repair holes you might dig. I use one exclusively now. Monty
 
Thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking about a Lesche, but you're saying you have the same problem I find with the Gator. Blade NOT long enough with the AT.
Robin
 
Sell the Lesche to me, my detector sucks so I shouldn't have to dig deep, lol.
 
Get one of these and be ready when you trade in for a Fisher. :laughing9:


My Oklahoma Electronics digger goes deeper more easily than my Lesche, also.
 

Attachments

  • HPIM0593.webp
    HPIM0593.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 765
  • HPIM0183s.webp
    HPIM0183s.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 777
  • HPIM0593.webp
    HPIM0593.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 714
  • HPIM0183s.webp
    HPIM0183s.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 723
Old Hickory Knife. Go buy one on ebay and thank me later. I hardly go a hunt with a group of people that I don't get complimented on how my plugs look and how quickly I can make a plug and recover a deep target.
 
You sound like a mine lab user were there detector can tell if it's silver and every so called silver target is two feet deep.
Bring a drop cloth to put the extra dirt on and learn to pin point better and that should take care of your problem of a new digger every buddy else uses a screwdriver to pop out their finds.


liftloop
 
The Lesche Little Eagle 50 is great for lawns!
 
Make your own, thats what I did.
 

Attachments

  • 001 (3) (800x600).webp
    001 (3) (800x600).webp
    155.7 KB · Views: 669
I bought the Fiskars at Wal-Mart also and it works great ! Has the same as the costly digging knives and it looks and feels great and is easy to cut with.

But it does not have the name that the others knives have so if that is a big thing to you then you will not want this one. But if you want one that works great and cost just a little then this is the one for you !
Now is it the same steel and workman ship that goes into the other knives , no . But if you are like me and many others here that do not have any or much extra money to spend on the more costly knives then you might give this one a try. It has the sawtooth and the sharp side to the blade , it has the hilt guard but it is not the same as the others.
I hope this helps someone to be able to get a digging knife that needs one . Here is a link to the tool I am speaking of : http://eng-ca.fiskars.com/Products/...ng-Tools/Big-Grip-Multi-purpose-Planting-Tool
 
theres a blue handled stainless steel model I use -- tough lil bugger --saw toothed on one side / sharp straight edge on the other -- a v slot type root tip at the end -- blade length is 6 in long and marked in inches on it --blade wize its slightly rounded in design

my gator diggers tended to bend on me -- not this one however
 
Funny someone metioned Fiskars, thats what I use and unless I find something worth more than the $50. for a Lesche or something like it, this will have to do.
 
I use the Lesch tool with out fail. For deep plugs I may buy the Lesch Raven-cuts through roots and makes a clean cut plug I'm told.
 
PRO%20Fib%20Drain.jpg


Drain spade, Harbor Freight, about $15.
Digs nice, foot and a half deep plugs, or can spade out a large hole if needed.
 
So what is the point of your post....are u trying to saw the AT pro goes so deep that you can't dig deep enough with the lesche.....?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom