Lesche Knife not cutting it with the AT PRO

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lesche Knife? I picked up a fiskas at walmart -it just doesn't have the hilt that the Lesche has. I still can't believe places sell the little plastic fiskas trowel for $29 and you can get them at walmart for like $4. it does have an edge to cut sod like the Lesche- I'm just thinking about using the cheap plastic trowel because I don't want to scratch any coins that I manage to find. being new I'm still learning what is good, bad, and just a plan waste of money.

T handle for that Lesche? now that is interesting-

OP
OP
adamant

adamant

Greenie
Feb 22, 2011
sewell NJ
mfitzy111 said:
Lesche Knife? I picked up a fiskas at walmart -it just doesn't have the hilt that the Lesche has. I still can't believe places sell the little plastic fiskas trowel for $29 and you can get them at walmart for like $4. it does have an edge to cut sod like the Lesche- I'm just thinking about using the cheap plastic trowel because I don't want to scratch any coins that I manage to find. being new I'm still learning what is good, bad, and just a plan waste of money.

http://newenglanddetectors.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=63

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
adamant said:
mfitzy111 said:

http://newenglanddetectors.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=63

Don't waste your money on that one. I ended up giving mine away to a buddy of mine for free. :nono:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several small spades available on line that are designed to cut small holes that are easy to carry and easy to repair holes you might dig. I use one exclusively now. Monty

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking about a Lesche, but you're saying you have the same problem I find with the Gator. Blade NOT long enough with the AT.
Robin

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell the Lesche to me, my detector sucks so I shouldn't have to dig deep, lol.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get one of these and be ready when you trade in for a Fisher. :laughing9:

My Oklahoma Electronics digger goes deeper more easily than my Lesche, also.

Attachments

• HPIM0593.jpg
    HPIM0593.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 733
  • HPIM0183s.jpg
    HPIM0183s.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 742
  • HPIM0593.jpg
    HPIM0593.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 690
  • HPIM0183s.jpg
    HPIM0183s.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 700

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Hickory Knife. Go buy one on ebay and thank me later. I hardly go a hunt with a group of people that I don't get complimented on how my plugs look and how quickly I can make a plug and recover a deep target.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound like a mine lab user were there detector can tell if it's silver and every so called silver target is two feet deep.
Bring a drop cloth to put the extra dirt on and learn to pin point better and that should take care of your problem of a new digger every buddy else uses a screwdriver to pop out their finds.

liftloop

RHoward

Mar 1, 2008
Martin City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTA1000, Money Hunter BFO, Minelab E-Trac & Garrett Pro Pointer
Make your own, thats what I did.

Attachments

• 001 (3) (800x600).jpg
    001 (3) (800x600).jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 642

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Fiskars at Wal-Mart also and it works great ! Has the same as the costly digging knives and it looks and feels great and is easy to cut with.

But it does not have the name that the others knives have so if that is a big thing to you then you will not want this one. But if you want one that works great and cost just a little then this is the one for you !
Now is it the same steel and workman ship that goes into the other knives , no . But if you are like me and many others here that do not have any or much extra money to spend on the more costly knives then you might give this one a try. It has the sawtooth and the sharp side to the blade , it has the hilt guard but it is not the same as the others.
I hope this helps someone to be able to get a digging knife that needs one . Here is a link to the tool I am speaking of : http://eng-ca.fiskars.com/Products/...ng-Tools/Big-Grip-Multi-purpose-Planting-Tool

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
theres a blue handled stainless steel model I use -- tough lil bugger --saw toothed on one side / sharp straight edge on the other -- a v slot type root tip at the end -- blade length is 6 in long and marked in inches on it --blade wize its slightly rounded in design

my gator diggers tended to bend on me -- not this one however

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny someone metioned Fiskars, thats what I use and unless I find something worth more than the $50. for a Lesche or something like it, this will have to do.

charlieg

Apr 8, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
I use the Lesch tool with out fail. For deep plugs I may buy the Lesch Raven-cuts through roots and makes a clean cut plug I'm told.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
PRO%20Fib%20Drain.jpg

Drain spade, Harbor Freight, about $15.
Digs nice, foot and a half deep plugs, or can spade out a large hole if needed.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what is the point of your post....are u trying to saw the AT pro goes so deep that you can't dig deep enough with the lesche.....?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread