What's new

Let Me Tell You a Little Story....

enamel7

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
6,415
Reaction score
2,551
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
This is a story about saving the best for last. Last friday while dumping some of my clad halves one of the tellers saiid he wanted me to look at something. He said a lady came in dumping change that had been collected at the Y and she had some dimes she wasn't sure she should put in the machine. He looked and they were Mercury dimes! She started dumping them and he said he would give her the emoney for them and got what was left. He kept a 1917 and 18 and sold me the rest for face. I asked if they still had the bag and he told me it was still on the machine and hadn't been filled yet. He also said he saw more of the coins when he changed another bag. I asked him if I could buy the bag after it filled and he said yes. So monday morning he calls and says the bag is ready. Here is what I found.
Mercurys
1917,1917S,1918D,1918S,1920D,1921D,1923,1923S,1924S,1925D,1927S,1929D,1929S,1931S,1934,1934D,1935D, 1935S, 1936AU),1936D,1937,1937D,1937S,1938,1938D,1940D,1940S,1941,1941D,1941S,1942D,1942S.
roosies
1946(2),1962D,1964(3),1964D(2).
1999S clad Proof.
Canadian: 1974,2004P.
1984 Bermuda ten Cent.

Oh, almost forgot the best for last I spoke about.
1916D!!!!!!!!!!
Photo with my microscope to come! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 1916do.webp
    1916do.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 915
  • 1916dr.webp
    1916dr.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 906
Upvote 0
OMG CONGRATS!!!!! Amazing find!!!!!! just awesome congrats on a great find the 21 is semi key as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: congrats again :thumbsup:
 
bling bling jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hells yeah gilbert!
 
I feel sorry for whoever lost their collection..... okay, I'm over it. ::)
 
Wow!!!!
CONGRATS on the 16-D!!!!
 
Here I thought you were going to tell a story about a man named Jed. You know, a poor mountain man who barely keep his family fed.......

Seriously, great score! :thumbsup:
 
I'm not worthy!
 
i JUST FOUND A 1916 AS WELL BUT cannot tell if it is a D for the ware that is on it. Any suggestions?

Golden Silver
 
Simply amazing. Congrats :thumbsup:
 
:thumbsup: - that is one rare find. For that kind of collection to be tossed is just crazy. I'm gonna put a few reminder notes in my coin books to direct my kid on how to dispose of my collection properly...

Maine_Jim
 
Good things come to those who wait.

Mucho kudos there E.
 
A big congratulations, you're heart must have skipped a few beats when you flipped that 1916 over and saw the D.Only 264,000 minted.Nice job on the 21 too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom