What's new

Lets discuss beer cans and other treasures

gleaner1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
4,507
Reaction score
1,039
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Where's the beer:dontknow:

DSC00704.webp
 
I love my old beer cans almost as much as I love my children. But I dont have any children so I love my beer cans better. But I do love my beer more than anything else almost.
 
My first real digging was for old can dumps.

I've pulled a rake through more bar dumps than you can possibly imagine.

Coolest thing I ever found inside cone-tops.... were a Merc Dime (twice)... and a live snake that scared the crap out of me.

Most valuable cans ever found was a case of Gunther "Dancing Goat" Bock flat tops. All in very good condition (they were under a concrete slab in a can dump that had tens of thousand of Opening Instruction flats.
 
My first real digging was for old can dumps. I've pulled a rake through more bar dumps than you can possibly imagine. Coolest thing I ever found inside cone-tops.... were a Merc Dime (twice)... and a live snake that scared the crap out of me. Most valuable cans ever found was a case of Gunther "Dancing Goat" Bock flat tops. All in very good condition (they were under a concrete slab in a can dump that had tens of thousand of Opening Instruction flats.

I once had 1500 beer can collection. Had all kinds including the schmidts complete series.
 
For a split second i thought that was a shaving cream can
 
People do dig for old beer cans, the dug cans are called dumpers. They have methods to semi restore them with a certain acid, they you spray clear coat spray paint on them. I said semi restore because you will still have holes and bad fade marks, no matter what you do. I found my best ever milk bottle dump by seeing the tops of rusted cone top cans sticking out of the surface, which dated the site to the 1940's for me. It was on a hillside with big rocks that were dumped, I started scraping the ground and rolling out the rocks and found pockets of round embossed Delaware milk bottles. I carried 6 plastic grocery bags of half pints, pints and quarts, had a bottle digger rake and 2 dogs on leashes walking out of the woods, even had to walk around a soccer game that started after I was in the woods, lol. I bet I was a confusing sight to the people at the soccer game.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom