What's new

Lets see some hoes !!

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured why not post are best hoes ...This is my favorite hoe ;)
 

Attachments

  • image-1837256517.webp
    image-1837256517.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 150
  • image-1044271576.webp
    image-1044271576.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 149
  • image-844054399.webp
    image-844054399.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1230368849.webp
    image-1230368849.webp
    30 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Is that hoe made out of rock or bone, larson1951?
 
Is that hoe made out of rock or bone, larson1951?


these hoes or shovels are made from a buffalo scapula (shoulder blade)

later on they were also made from buffalo, cow, and ox scapulas (shoulder blades)

some natives preferred these for gardening and farming even after metal tools became available

larson1951


check out this link, it has some interesting images: http://history.nd.gov/exhibits/gardening/objects3.html
 
Last edited:
this is a few more that i stopped and picked up when i was on the tractor
they are brokes so i usually don't save too many of these but these didn't seem too awful bad

100_1022.webp

100_1031.webp
 
I like those bone hoes I'm still looking for my first thanks for the view ;)
 
Thanks for that link.
 
Man thats one fine looking hoe.That thing looks like it has a lot more detailed work than i figured a hoe had.
 
Man thats one fine looking hoe.That thing looks like it has a lot more detailed work than i figured a hoe had.

I have to agree with that. One of the best looking hoes I have ever seen.
 
Thanks I had a hard time believing it was a hoe just didn't make since but I did some research and that's what I found .
 
Thanks I had a hard time believing it was a hoe just didn't make since but I did some research and that's what I found .

Must of been the Chiefs wifes special Hoe for the garden. All the women took care of the gardens just in case nobody else knew that.
 
Haha they did a lot .... It just seems to thin for a hoe but a hoe is a hoe lol
 
No sir I sure didn't make it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom