What's new

Let's see some translucent pieces.

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
while I haven't put a light to most of my points, I think it would be hard to beat this one I acquired a couple years ago.
IMG_0173.webpIMG_0172.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice, is that wood?

sure is Jon. I picked it out of a frame at auction, got it very reasonable too, so it must be fake huh?
NOT. It was in a frame of many knife river flint points and laying there, it looked pretty much like the other flint. I pretty surprised myself when I picked it up.
 
Incredible material, Quito. What a little gem!

Here's a few of mine from through the years.

today.webp today1.webp today2.webp

elora1.webp trans3.webp

ksa.webp ks2a.webp
 
Last edited:
Fantastic color on those. Very nice!!
 
Here's a few of mine I have pictures of. Various states.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0118.webp
    DSC_0118.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0119.webp
    DSC_0119.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0114.webp
    DSC_0114.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_0123.webp
    DSC_0123.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0113.webp
    DSC_0113.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Georgia Artifacts (57).webp
    Georgia Artifacts (57).webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Georgia Artifacts (48).webp
    Georgia Artifacts (48).webp
    34 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0047.webp
    DSC_0047.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0045.webp
    DSC_0045.webp
    9 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_5466.webp
    100_5466.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Georgia Artifacts (61).webp
    Georgia Artifacts (61).webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Georgia Artifacts (63).webp
    Georgia Artifacts (63).webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0024.webp
    DSC_0024.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0022.webp
    DSC_0022.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0028.webp
    DSC_0028.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_1854.webp
    100_1854.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_1845.webp
    100_1845.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_1156.webp
    100_1156.webp
    13 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0014.webp
    DSC_0014.webp
    12 KB · Views: 84
  • Idaho (3).webp
    Idaho (3).webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 86
  • South Carolina (50).webp
    South Carolina (50).webp
    10 KB · Views: 95
  • South Carolina (44).webp
    South Carolina (44).webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 86
  • South Carolina (19).webp
    South Carolina (19).webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 94
  • South Carolina (17).webp
    South Carolina (17).webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 87
  • South Carolina (15).webp
    South Carolina (15).webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 84
Reaper what have you not found? You got a collection of everything
 
Nice pieces everybody .... Quito nearly a year ago I was curious if there were points made out of petrified wood and I found yours on google images and saved it on my phone to show a few people how cool it was ...... It's neat that a member here was the owner. Sure is a beautiful point
 
Reaper what have you not found? You got a collection of everything

Thanks, that's what 51 years of collecting will do. But, I have to confess, I didn't find any of those. Those were all acquired when I put my states collection together.
 
Here's a few from the pacific N West .
 

Attachments

  • P6130862.webp
    P6130862.webp
    211.6 KB · Views: 101
Very cool stuff everyone!

Southfork; looks like some columbia river beads in your display, very cool.

what is at the very center?

Also, how did you make that display?
 
Very cool stuff everyone!

Southfork; looks like some columbia river beads in your display, very cool.

what is at the very center?

Also, how did you make that display?
I purchased the frame the points and beads ect from the Columbia river were glued to a sheet of glass with a black background . I removed the background and added another sheet of glass I'm not sure what the center piece is just a polished stone maybe ?
 
Nice pieces everybody .... Quito nearly a year ago I was curious if there were points made out of petrified wood and I found yours on google images and saved it on my phone to show a few people how cool it was ...... It's neat that a member here was the owner. Sure is a beautiful point


Thanks arrow!

Its s a small world out here in cyber space sometimes.
 
Sure would like to find the source spot for that wood!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom