pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have seen others do it-fleeting thought that I might a longtime ago.
Usually it's a 95% chance of getting the green light to detect the property the first meet up.
Never had a problem securing the permissions.
Yet giving them a card might be a good way of them having my number instead of rambling it off.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know many folks have cards printed that they hand out or leave behind when looking to secure a permission. Would love to see some examples if people are comfortable sharing as I am considering having some made up. Maybe black out your contact info. Thanks all!
Hold that thought! I made some nice ones. I will return to AZ next week and post a pick of one of mine. They may have already been posted here a few years ago.... I'll try to find the post. ╦╦ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found it! Posted 3 years ago. ╦╦ç

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 40

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one has worked good for me over the years.
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Attachments

• bizcard.jpg
    bizcard.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 40

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you may or may not want the world to have this info you've posted?
I appreciate your concern but today's digital world already has that info on the web for all to see. My name, address, and phone are all over the internet for those that know how to find it. ╦╦ç

Dejure

Nov 30, 2023
SNORT. I was just thinking about this the other day. Just getting back into this world after being away for about fifty-five years. Figured giving people my contact info would improve chances of getting permission to check out property.

I MIGHT make up two different ones. One for the car and one for the truck and that even have plate numbers on them.

Anyway, I use WordPerfect [WP] and it has files you can call up to make business cards. In addition to photos, you can add watermarks that can be typed over, or near. With its reveal feature, which shows the codes for the spot your cursor is on, it trumps Microsoft [MS] products (I've used WP to repair many a MS document someone brought me (their codes can be buried several lines back, but can throw every thing a ways down off.

Anyway, with your word processor, some card stock from the office product store and some flittering, you can pump out all sorts of cards. I've even made identification cards using the tables features. Once a card is done, it's easy to edit it for improvements or other changes.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SNORT. I was just thinking about this the other day. Just getting back into this world after being away for about fifty-five years. Figured giving people my contact info would improve chances of getting permission to check out property.

I MIGHT make up two different ones. One for the car and one for the truck and that even have plate numbers on them.

Anyway, I use WordPerfect [WP] and it has files you can call up to make business cards. In addition to photos, you can add watermarks that can be typed over, or near. With its reveal feature, which shows the codes for the spot your cursor is on, it trumps Microsoft [MS] products (I've used WP to repair many a MS document someone brought me (their codes can be buried several lines back, but can throw every thing a ways down off.

Anyway, with your word processor, some card stock from the office product store and some flittering, you can pump out all sorts of cards. I've even made identification cards using the tables features. Once a card is done, it's easy to edit it for improvements or other changes.
I had mine done at a pro print shop, using their suggestions to make the card a little more SNAPPY. ╦╦ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just so you know, anyone well versed in word processing can copy, in minute detail, any business card.
Just to say, I am not trying to make FAKE-PROOFE cards, just good looking ones beyond my ability to produce. I have no card-making apps. ╦╦ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread