What's new

Lets see your RED artifacts

Saguache

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Messages
120
Reaction score
320
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought I'd ask for some eye candy in my favorite color.
Western jasper top & Bighorn flint lower.

DSC06720.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is what I came up with, could have added some hematite pieces but they are not truly a red color.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1569442984.324364.webp
 
I love the red catlinite, especially when it's old quality...
 
Here are 3 red/mohog birdies.
 

Attachments

  • P1120757.webp
    P1120757.webp
    344.3 KB · Views: 145
Here's a few reds for you.

The first one is a Scraper made of Alibates from Kansas.

The second is a Fishspear Point from Ohio. Personal find.

Third is a Bifurcate from Ohio. Personal find.

Last one is from California and I'm not sure on type.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    325.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    370.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    362.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    365.3 KB · Views: 131
Cool, Saguache. I camp down in that area some times. If you get over to La Ventana del Norte, pay attention cause there's some sites around there. Mostly what I saw was yellow jasper and quartz though.
 
My red jasper core.

Found this spring (and one of the prettiest rocks I've found).

20190428_123214.webp
 
Cool, Saguache. I camp down in that area some times. If you get over to La Ventana del Norte, pay attention cause there's some sites around there. Mostly what I saw was yellow jasper and quartz though.

RGINN, "the window" is about 6 miles west of my place, part of the dikes left by the Summer Coon volcano, a favorite spot of mine too. Some other near by interesting areas are the tipi rings at La Garita [the "lookout"] and the pictographs on the creek below, Barrel Spgs pictographs, a Clovis site, Fremonts cache site and it is the source of the red jasper found in the area. Out Of Time's post is typical of that type of jasper.

DSC06727.webp

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...kAhUEXa0KHVv-Ds0QsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1366&bih=625
 
Last edited:
N California bird points personal finds .
 

Attachments

  • 12 -16 - 11 Apple Hill Lower Camp 005.webp
    12 -16 - 11 Apple Hill Lower Camp 005.webp
    66.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 12 -16 - 11 Apple Hill Lower Camp 006.webp
    12 -16 - 11 Apple Hill Lower Camp 006.webp
    60.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Friday Dig  9-16-11 009.webp
    Friday Dig 9-16-11 009.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 152
  • PC160074.webp
    PC160074.webp
    312 KB · Views: 109
  • P8132310.webp
    P8132310.webp
    820.2 KB · Views: 118
  • P7092225.webp
    P7092225.webp
    958.8 KB · Views: 108
  • PC300162.webp
    PC300162.webp
    320.1 KB · Views: 106
  • PA301380.webp
    PA301380.webp
    206.9 KB · Views: 110
This is probably the reddest one I have.

DSCN1783.webp

Edit: Took down previous pics to attach a better one.
 
Last edited:
My favorite piece of red, 3" ALIBATES knife, Baca County, CO.

DSC06572.webpDSC06575.webp
 
Red bead only bead I ever found and Conerly point, South East Ga. finds.
 

Attachments

  • 100_6235.webp
    100_6235.webp
    172.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_6236.webp
    100_6236.webp
    108.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0426.webp
    IMG_0426.webp
    957.3 KB · Views: 102
As you can tell from my Avatar these are two of my favorite pieces. The TRi-Notch was found by my wife and is probably as close to a 10 as anything we have ever found. Both points are made of Niobrara Jasper and are Nebraska finds.IMG_1504 (2).webp
 
As you can tell from my Avatar these are two of my favorite pieces. The TRi-Notch was found by my wife and is probably as close to a 10 as anything we have ever found. Both points are made of Niobrara Jasper and are Nebraska finds.

Nice points Goodtime.

I have always liked that red Smoky Hill/Niobrara jasper from Nebraska.
 
Red Snyders.webp

Iowa County, Iowa Snyders

DSC_0397__01 (1).webp

Kaolin Chert Notched Hoe. One of the most outstanding known.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom