What's new

Lets see your RED artifacts

Saguache

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Messages
120
Reaction score
320
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought I'd ask for some eye candy in my favorite color.
Western jasper top & Bighorn flint lower.

DSC06720.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got some materials from Texas this broken Harahey knife was in with 'em, looks to be Alibates.
It's surely a heartbreaker as it is an example of exquisite native american craftsmanship.
DSC06981.webpDSC06982.webpDSC06984.webp
 
Last edited:
Red Thebes from Holmes County Ohio, Made of glossy Flintridge, Well ground base and left hand beveling. Ex Lar Hothem collection
hothem_thebes_holmes_co_oh_2.webp
 
The farmer came by with his tractor and box scraper to smooth up the roads into the field,
stirred up a bunch of rocks so I looked 'em over. The colored rocks are usually the ones the NAs
used cause they're easy to see. Gleened a couple nice hammer stones and this handsize matate
pink quartz conglomerate.

DSC06995.webpDSC06998.webp
 
Here is a nice 1.75 inch long red triangular point made of red jasper, from central Indiana.
when I was living in Jefferson County Missouri, my relic hunting buddy found two larger points made of an amazing greenish jasper, This is the only jasper point that I had found.

triangular_point.webp
 
Looks like the jasper here was heat treated to a degree....

IMG_3800.webp
 
20191116_103453.webp
Newnan is a personal find, I don't know the type on the Beaver Lake looking point. It belonged to my brother and I have no history other than it's from Illinois.
 
IMG_5945.webp

Preform or maybe a digging tool recovered in a creek coming out of a rock shelter.

IMG_5947.webp

buzzard Roost from Tennessee
 
The E-Notch Thebes [in a red felt background for the thread] was obtained in 2014 from Richard Shively, a friend of mine from Dayton Ohio.

Richard passed away last year, and I have missed talking to him.

Made of Upper Mercer Chert, from the Ken Flowers collection Hardin Co Ohio.

20141010_081154-1.webp
 
those notches are nuts! some real showing off there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom