Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about what types of mining/prospecting we are all into, what area your in and maybe a little info on your history?
I'll go first, hehe
Dredging in southern BC coldwater, I love the history of the 49'er days and the local gold rushes. I was raised in the Yukon almost on the Klondike Trail to Dawson, close to a town on Lake Bennett called Carcross so it's in my blood from a young age. :lol:

Upvote 0

Dave (Pa)

Mar 19, 2003
Dunmore, Pa.
Hi'

Getting stuff to start pannin that gold! Were goin out next week... :)

I'm Dave (Pa) just a Just Casual Junkie :twisted:

we don't have much gold in this state so I've got to take off work, pack up half my house and all the parifinalia and drive to another state for 3 or 4 days of sun up to sun downs. I have a small Joe name 11/2" dredge a good keene sluice lots of buckets, shovles, sives, and pans, and most inportantly a willing wike and teenage slave...............

Most times we go to Mineral Va. but we just joined GPAA and are looking into going to north carolina this summer. Kinda hard to get the time off of work tho becouse I'm a pool and spa installer we do all of our work durring the summer. My boss hate's gold! Hell wit em :evil:

G

goldhound

:( Dang i must be getting old, your just too quick for me Chris!

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 15
  • FactaNon.jpg
    FactaNon.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 26

Beav

Mar 22, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
VLF
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW! Neat looking changes at TreasureNet!

Ok, Beav here on the East Coast of Canada : Nova Scotia to be exact.
Gold in Nova Scotia????? NOPE, not a speck. <giggle>
Thats why i'm out every chance I get; looking for something that isn't
supposed to be here. :wink:

Enjoy all types of gold getting activities.
Been on treasurenet for quite a number of years.
Nice to see a fresh look.

Stay safe and load your poke with gold!
Beav

Greg in BC

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2003
BC
8) Oh now this is fancy, schmancy - very nice Treasure Net. And I like the language in the user agreement too. Lets hope it helps to keep this board active.

North eastern British Cloumbia, Canada. Some very little very fine gold locally but anything of size is some distance off. Like to dredge and highbank and looking to try more dryland dredging this year. Just starting to work on a small hovercraft by the end of this month that I hope will ease the access to some good gold.

Looking forwards to a good season for all. Thanks T-net for the upgrade - looks great.
Greg in BC

G

goldhound

:idea: Hey greg, hovercraft sounds good! I have even given some thought to a power parachute as a way to get up some of those canyons. Would probably do it if i wasn't so old and chicken lol.
Wayne

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hello All

I have been interested in prospecting now for 10 years. I started my quest for gold when I got hooked on the idea of finding gold after discoverying the legend of the lost mine of Pitt Lake. My search has taken me all over British Columbia and have find some gold but would like to find more including the big one. I am still very much involved in my search for the lost mine but I do have some other targets I am planning to go after this summer as well.I am hoping that this is will be a better year then last with more discoverys made and less near death helicopter crashes.

Good job with the new look marc.
Hope you all find the gold you are looking for
Daryl Friesen
Spindle Explorations
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen 8)

I

Idiggold

I've been watching this forum for a long time but rarely ever post. I simply am too busy most of the time to sit down and type away on this darn pooter. Grrrrr. The new look is nice! I hail from Nova Scotia like my good buddy Beav. Beav's right! No gold here! None at all!:lol:
Unlike Beav, I am pretty much into hardrock gold mining, but I do enjoy some placer prospecting as recreation. I've even tagged along with Beav on occasion and I can tell you there's no gold in his area either! :lol: The area I live in has been severely glaciated in the past and placer is very scarce here :cry: but I do hold and work large claims of the best old hardrock gold areas in Southwestern Nova Scotia :D. We(family based operation) do our own drilling, blasting and milling so I guess it's progressed a bit past the recreation point where it started about 14 years ago although it is still a very small scale operation.
It seems like yesterday I just started prospecting and I never dreamed we'd be into it as far as I am now. I have never been quite able to figure out if I'm crazy to be getting into gold mining so far or not. One thing's for certain, I've been bit awful hard by the gold bug. :twisted:

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the fever back in 78. Sold my house, quit my job and went dredging in the Feather River country above Oroville. Did it for 6 years. Did very well; then got talked into going back to work work. I'm into metal detecting now, below Yosemite. Not much luck yet, but maybe tomorrow!

Attachments

• P1010042.JPG
    P1010042.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF4471.JPG
    DSCF4471.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 12

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello to all.

This is a nice new look. I cut my teeth posting here on TNET, and the resurrection looks good so far. Where are all the archived postings from all those years? I certainly hope they still exist as they're a gold mine in their own right!

I've done a lot of nugget shooting, sluicing, panning, sniping, and most recently, dredging. That's my new passion, and I'm trying to learn all I can about it. I bounced around in the river a lot last summer, and I do mean bounced, but I learned a few things and I realize there's a lot more I need to know.

I got the fever back in 1970, in Virginia City Montana, and I've had a glorious case that has done nothing but increase in intensity since.

All the best to the new format on the forum,

Lanny in AB

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
New to the Board

Being new to this board it may take my old brain a while to figure it out. I hope every one will bear with me.
My name is Fred,and I live in Aldergrove BC. I have been prospecting and panning(mostly in the SouthWest) since I moved here in 78 from Manitoba. I have had quite a few claims both Mineral and Placer and have even made a few dollars as well as having a lot of fun. The area I like most is the Tulameen district and have a few very good friends there. I also have over the years accumulated a fair number of leads in BC and if anyone would like to know any of them just ask about the area you are interested in. I will give this info freely as I will likely never be able to use it and wouldn't like to see it lost.
Currently I own and operate my old Chev 1ton flatdeck and use it to recycle metals,alloys and wood. Unfortunately this work also keeps me from spending as much time in the field as I would like Nough for now except,Thank you to this board and owners for being here. Fred

OP
OP
Chris in BC

Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
friendly face

Hiya Fred, just a few steps away from me, I am in Cloverdale. Maybe we could car pool to tulameen on weekends, lol. I have met quite a few people in the area and wondering if we had ever crossed paths. Maybe if you get the chance drop me an e-mail. Take care Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Chris; I am even closer than you thought. I have a shop in Cloverdale. I tried to send you an E-mail but Outlook Express returned it. I will try again with hotmail but you can contact me at . Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Chris in BC

Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got a chuckle out of this, small world

I am certain we did meet shortly before X-mas, I will e-mail you. Chris

Attachments

• IMG_5610.JPG
    IMG_5610.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5611x.jpg
    IMG_5611x.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 31
  • bracelet2.jpg
    bracelet2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 41
  • finds 6-27-17 03.jpg
    finds 6-27-17 03.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 21
  • finds 7-8-17 03.jpg
    finds 7-8-17 03.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 17

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daryl,
I read your story on growing up around Pitt Lake and hunting for this treasure and the plane crash treasure also. Sound like alot of fun growing up around there.
Seems to me if you know where the plane crash is, you should go there in the middle of the hottest part of the summer and do some searching.
Just because your helicopter crashed the first time doesn't mean that you shouldn't try again. You said that you will not look for these treasures (Slumach's also) again for reasons you only want to keep to yourself.
Did ghosts come after you? I am asking this seriously. If it is physical, I could understand and even if it was ghosts, some of us still believe in this. If it's more personal than that I guess we will just have to live with your ending as it stands I guess. I am just curious and like you want to get to the bottom of it all. Wish I lived closer to this area. I would probably have done the same things as you did as a kid. ) Did you ever go back to the waterfall where you found the beams with stuff under them and metal detect. If so, did you find anything like coins or tokens?

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lab Rat here.

Have a BA in geology from CU Boulder, Colorado, where I panned a bit in some of the rivers and canyons. Never got much to speak of, but learned something.

Took a job in San Diego, and found a nice creek with real pretty flakes. Real nice! Then I had a lucky day, finding 3 gold rings on the beach after a storm. Got hooked in metal detecting since.

Now I live in the LA area, and there is native gold up here somewhere- so they tell me- but I have yet to learn where. I'll be exploring in the East Fork (San Gabriel River) in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, the beaches keep me occupied. You can find the posting of my latest great find under the Metal Detecting heading-- a choice 14K necklace on Memorial Day. Not as pretty as nuggets, but I don't find enough nuggets to justify driving all over the State.

Happy hunting!

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Place the object of your interest on a solid flat surface and try to break it by pressing down on it with a small piece of metal(like a screwdriver). If it is mica it will flake or shatter. If you can scratch it with out breaking it there is a fair chance that you will be out staking a claim soon!lol Fred

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
Jim McCulloch here, living in the Mojave Desert. Caught Gold Fever as a "wee bairn" (small child), great grandad has a lost mine story related to him (found a rich placer deposit near Yuma AZ, hand-crank drywashing 2 days per week supported three families during the depression, but he died without revealing the location). Granddad was a famous figure in the Yuma area, he was a professional gold-seeker, step dad worked his way through college placer mining, and I took up panning very young. I turned to nugget hunting over 20 years ago. My latest "how to" book on the subject is "Advanced Nuggetshooting - How to Prospect for Gold with a Metal Detector" which I know several of you have. Nuggetshooting at the present time is the "hit the goldfields early, be home before it gets too hot" scenario. With my GMT I am averaging 15 nuggets per 5 hour day. Most productive day was when my partner and I pulled in a bit more than $15,000.00 worth of the Most Happy Yellow Metal in about 7 hours detecting. You might want to read a few of my gold hunting articles at WWW.GOLDHUNTER.COM HH Jim

R

Rich

im not sure how much gold is here in upstate Ny,but i do some panning here and there in my own back yard..all i do is go around my pool and look for some quartz then pulverize it,pan it then pan again,.....i get mostly fools gold but here and there i get some real stuff...its pretty fun especialy when i cant go detectin or when im bored......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread