What's new

"Liebrich" something

gtoast99

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
276
Reaction score
571
Golden Thread
2
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Liebrich" something

Hey there, it seems this forum is pretty awesome for ID's! I've searched around the net quite a bit and found nothing on this piece I dug this morning. It rings up as copper. The back has two pegs, one of which has a coil of thin metal around it like a spiral.

Any clue? I'm stumped! Thanks in advance!!
 

Attachments

  • liebrich.webp
    liebrich.webp
    30 KB · Views: 529
Re: "Liebrich" something

http://www.eagletrunks.com/steamertrunkdetails/EA001247Details.html

Im gonna guess (if someone has time to search further) that it may be from a Liebrich steamer trunk lock with a patented spring. Conrad Leibrich started his company in the 1830's and made a fine lock. Upon his retirement, the company was sold to a couple of other gentlemen who eventually renamed the company Star Lock Works which continued making high quality locks. A little note on C. Leibrich is that he is the person that patented the spring that keeps the top part of the lock pushed forward. Prior to his invention, they simply hung down and often hit the bottom of the trunk when closing.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: "Liebrich" something

BCH :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: "Liebrich" something

I'm sorry.. what's bch?
 
Upvote 0
Re: "Liebrich" something

Great work BigCy and gtoast99 and Welcome :hello:
You are more than welcome here if you keep posting interesting finds like that :headbang:

Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: "Liebrich" something

lol, thanks for explaining "bch". I'm not too bright, apparently.

And thanks for the replies everybody :)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom