What's new

likes

In the upper right corner of your screen, click on Notifications in order to check your "likes", PM's, and any potential friends requests that might be there. Click on Settings in the upper right corner to check new, unread posts in threads you are subscribed to.
 
I saw a recent post that if you don hit a like and collect likes numbers your looked down on
is this true, never thought about it

I can't say it Doesn't Happen :tongue3: However it's a Bit lame to me if someone Looks at your Likes Received & Likes Given before Deciding if your worth responding too :laughing7:
Do you really wanna Know someone like that anyway ??

I only reply if I have an intelligent reply

My apologies :tongue3: You mean you had 1,936 intelligent replies ?
That's more then I've given :laughing9:

Anyway I Give Likes to let members know I read their Post .
I've given likes to people Who I liked what they Said.
I've given likes to Members I banned for what They said.
I've given likes to Members I warned them For What they said.
I've given likes just to Get members to read What I said.

However I don't Give likes to Collect them in Return either.
 
Last edited:
I enjoy passing out "Likes", BUT, only to deserving posts.

If a post makes me laugh.................................................it gets a like
If a post makes consider a viable alternative to a process...it gets a like
If someone finds something cool......................................it gets a like
If a member does the research to ID another th'ers find.....it gets a like
If someone asks good questions................. .......it gets a like

I go through the "New Posts" section a few times a day, and look at all
posts that interest me. Metal detecting, relics, coins, gold prospecting,
etc...if I learn something or enjoy the post it gets a "Like".

Try to help out where I can, but don't always know why people give me "Likes"..
...maybe I talk too much?
umn.gif~original
 
I use the "like" button in several ways.......
1st, as GIB mentioned, to show my appreciation to members who have taken the time to read my threads or posts and responded....as a way to show them I have responded to them.
2nd, to show my appreciation to members who show their finds that interest and educate me.
3rd, to respond to members who I find are "like" minded and also those who give a cogent point of view that I may not have considered.
4th, to respond to those who make me laugh out loud....GIB's "smokin' hot body" post was crazy funny!!
 
Whenever I hit the "like" button... I get a treat from my keeper!
 

Attachments

  • rAT.webp
    rAT.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 96
If I didn't get a like once in awhile I would feel like my post or comments weren't appreciated and would probably loose interest. Everyone likes a little pat on the back once in awhile. And like LD said, it's a great way to acknowledge a post if you don't have time to respond

HH RN
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom