What's new

Lincolns New Salem Ring(?)

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Found this a few weeks ago in the wet sand at an old beach. it looks to be copper and i think its a ring but im not sure. It says "lincolns new salem" on it and lincolns new salem is a state historical park but i dont know if the one on the ring has anything to do with the park. Can someone give me an age to the ring or any info on its origins? :dontknow:



http://www.lincolnsnewsalem.com/
 

Attachments

  • Christmas dec 003.webp
    Christmas dec 003.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 528
  • Christmas dec 004.webp
    Christmas dec 004.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 531
Could it be home made from a souvenir spoon?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Could it be home made from a souvenir spoon?
you know, i didnt even think of that! that just may be ;D
 
Upvote 0
I searched a few souvenir spoons but cant find a match. Could use more searching.
 
Upvote 0
These rings were popular in the early 60's. We use to call them 'wraparound' rings, which matched the 'wrap around' skirts that were also popular at that time. ( I know all the guys remember pulling the rip cord on girls wrap around skirts!) ;D These rings were basically one size fits all because it could be wrapped to fit your finger size. They were popular at tourist attractions, beaches, vacation spots, etc. and generally had the name of the area. Actually, I still have mine from the 1960s, which is pictured below. It is engraved: Souvenir of White Lake, NC. It's a neat find that brought back some memories! :thumbsup: Breezie
 

Attachments

  • WrapAroundRing.webp
    WrapAroundRing.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
These rings were popular in the early 60's. We use to call them 'wraparound' rings, which matched the 'wrap around' skirts that were also popular at that time. ( I know all the guys remember pulling the rip cord on girls wrap around skirts!) ;D These rings were basically one size fits all because it could be wrapped to fit your finger size. They were popular at tourist attractions, beaches, vacation spots, etc. and generally had the name of the area. Actually, I still have mine from the 1960s, which is pictured below. It is engraved: Souvenir of White Lake, NC. It's a neat find that brought back some memories! :thumbsup: Breezie
So its not a spoon? I guess Im wrong again. :laughing9: Ill keep guessing. ;D :D



Breezie when were the spoon rings popular?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Breezie said:
These rings were popular in the early 60's. We use to call them 'wraparound' rings, which matched the 'wrap around' skirts that were also popular at that time. ( I know all the guys remember pulling the rip cord on girls wrap around skirts!) ;D These rings were basically one size fits all because it could be wrapped to fit your finger size. They were popular at tourist attractions, beaches, vacation spots, etc. and generally had the name of the area. Actually, I still have mine from the 1960s, which is pictured below. It is engraved: Souvenir of White Lake, NC. It's a neat find that brought back some memories! :thumbsup: Breezie
So its not a spoon. I guess Im wrong again. :laughing9:

Nope, not a spoon, but your were SPOT ON when you said souvenir ring. :thumbsup:

I have a 'spoon ring' too! LOL They were popular in the 1970's. The one I have is sterling, and I'm looking for it, but can't find it. Some of the more expensive ones were made by sterling flatware companies, and were given to a bride-to-be as a token of her silver pattern. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Ive been close but no cigar all day today. Grrrrrr. :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
These rings were popular in the early 60's. We use to call them 'wraparound' rings, which matched the 'wrap around' skirts that were also popular at that time. ( I know all the guys remember pulling the rip cord on girls wrap around skirts!) ;D These rings were basically one size fits all because it could be wrapped to fit your finger size. They were popular at tourist attractions, beaches, vacation spots, etc. and generally had the name of the area. Actually, I still have mine from the 1960s, which is pictured below. It is engraved: Souvenir of White Lake, NC. It's a neat find that brought back some memories! :thumbsup: Breezie
wow, so my dirty little ring is from the 60's? Thanks for all the info on it! ;D :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom