No clue, it looks like a lion face that would be pressed onto something, maybe a wax seal? no clue of it's age either, open to any suggestions. Thanks Dean
Interesting, but don't think it's a seal. Maybe a decorative brass piece off a piece of Colonial furniture or a clock? I've never seen one before whatever it is.
there are no holes in it but after looking at it some more it looks like it was pulled thru something and the back part is flattened on the sides so I'm leaning on some kind of knob for a drawer or cabinet . Thanks everybody for input. Dean
there are no holes in it but after looking at it some more it looks like it was pulled thru something and the back part is flattened on the sides so I'm leaning on some kind of knob for a drawer or cabinet . Thanks everybody for input. Dean