What's new

Little find

CHUDs

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2014
Messages
440
Reaction score
677
Golden Thread
0
Location
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this while doing some work around the land. Kinda strange...I'd love some input. Approximately an inch long and about 3/8" wide. Could this be a needle sharpener? Santa Cruz CA.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493050324.573736.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493050356.282883.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493050407.060655.webp
 
Upvote 0
That is definitely weird...I have no idea what it could be though. Hopefully someone more smarterer than me will know what it is.....
 
The stripe is a groove, correct?
 
jmo but I think its just a natural cool looking rock. I like the stripe
 
With all due respect rock, what would create a shallow groove in a small stone like this? It's not broken and it doesn't look like something caused by a machine. Im trying my best and for all intents and purposes you all are my mentors. When I look at this and hold it I cannot logically think of any other way it may have been formed other than a human repeatedly sharpening a needle or fishhook on it.
 
You may be right, the stone even looks burnished where the finger would ride when pressing on the needle.
 
I don't know. I'm not trying to be contentious. I greatly respect the more senior members and their knowledge and sharing. I ask questions to learn and have to logically work through things. Thanks.
 
Rock, I obviously put you on the spot, thanks for all input and sharing!
 
Rock, I obviously put you on the spot, thanks for all input and sharing!

No not on the spot at all. Looks like a quartz inclusion in the stone to me. If you notice not many are responding to the question.
 
I found a rock once that looked like it was cut with a bandsaw almost perfect linear groove...turned out to be natural. Nature is weird lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom