What's new

Little help on two items please!

DKinPA

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2005
Messages
895
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
I found these two items in the last two days. The item on the left is a button I found on Sunday hunting an old homesite with Jeff, the front of the button shows a bird and the words "The Lark", the back of the button has no discernible writing that I can see.

The second item I found tonight in my back yard. The front clearly says "U S" and the back has the letters "E R S B U R". There is some type of mark in the front of the E and behind the R but I'm not sure if they are letters or symbols. This item looks like a lead seal, but I'm not overly familiar with lead seals.........so I ask the experts!

Thanks for lookin'......sorry bout the scan quality.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • button seal.webp
    button seal.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 286
  • button seal 2.webp
    button seal 2.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 271
Yes Lead seal

MILLERSBURG ?

You got

ERSBURG
 
Upvote 0
Millersburg is about 20 Mile West
of where he found it.

I'll Stay :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Jeff, what significance does the "U S" have on the seal........any idea?

DK
 
Upvote 0
Maybe MAIL ?
"Pony express days"
Or "Rail Road Delivery"

Wild Guess
 
Upvote 0
Did a Train Robber Live there ?

Payroll or Bank Roll Seal ? :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
i agree with millersburg being closer. i was just unsure of what this letter was
 

Attachments

  • t or l.webp
    t or l.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0
DKin, is the lark button solid or hollow?
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
i agree with millersburg being closer. i was just unsure of what this letter was

Very true there Is still a chance Being a US Seal
it could have come from Virginia
 
Upvote 0
Johnny........I'd say the button is solid. I can not find any indication of a "split" or a line showing two pieces.

Dave
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom