What's new

little help with button

Dfxcobb

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2016
Messages
390
Reaction score
887
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found this about a week ago almost forgot about it but I know it probably no military historical button but would like to try and get a rough idea of age. I have what I call the button book by Alphaeus Albert but really didnt find anything that would help with some kind of date. The shank is intact but bent so that is kinda all i had to go by. I did find it at an old homestead that dated around early 1930 but also found some old silver dating back to 1800s..just curious and thanks for any input..rain rain go away
 

Attachments

  • 20200209_212812.webp
    20200209_212812.webp
    124.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200209_212825.webp
    20200209_212825.webp
    159 KB · Views: 69
Based on the two-piece construction and the 'older style' of the eye-loop, I'm thinking your button dates to around 1900. :thumbsup:
The button doesn't appear to have a backmark, which makes it harder to date, so I think it's a mass-produced coat button.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
thanks..
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom