Little medicine bottle

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I got out for a few hours today to find the usual crap around the corral. Oh I live on a family farm that has some history from mid 1800's till now. Just starting to do research and there are multible dugout sights as well as a few homesteads and old schoolhouse locations. Do to river flooding the family moved to where I have been currently detecting. So yeah I can't wait till spring! Well I was walking by the barn door steps and saw some glass. Thought what the heck dig it up. Turned out to be a small medicine bottle. It goes from 6cc, 10cc to 12cc.. The bottom reads Franklin products 1845. The glass has bubbles in it with seam lines. I'm no bottle buff but it made my month. Any help would be great. Also goofed around with my macro settings. Hope the pics are ok. Hey thx for looking and HH.

Attachments

• 195.JPG
    195.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 841
  • 132.JPG
    132.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 855
  • 195.JPG
    195.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,156
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find... bottles rock!!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
Deftone

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx for the replies!

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
nice little bottle. I'm pretty sure it's a medicine bottle for animals. It had a thin stopper with a band around the lip. You could put a syringe through the thin rubber stopper and fill it. We had some around our farm.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like the star mark on the bottom.

OP
OP
Deftone

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
nice little bottle. I'm pretty sure it's a medicine bottle for animals. It had a thin stopper with a band around the lip. You could put a syringe through the thin rubber stopper and fill it. We had some around our farm.
Yeah, I'm guilty of delivering many shots in this area. But I never seen one like this.Found out the barn was built in the late 1920's. Cant find to much on bottles like this but I assume its 30's or 40's. But I'm amazed as how it survived this long with all the round ups and animals that occupied this barn. It's a keeper to me. Thx for looking and hh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread