looks like the rock could of been held well between the thumb and index finger,abrading stone for getting the flint ready for the next strike,but thats pretty far flechted,
They are some beautiful artifacts. Really nice finds.
I love native artifacts. I have found two in my entire life; a small projectile point in Colorado and a pretty nice hand axe in my area.
Native stuff is really rare in my around here.
I spent an entire summer creek walking in almost all of my spare time. I must have picked up 10,000 rocks (at least). I did find a few cool rocks and one nice quartz crystal point along a river the morning after a small flood. It was perched all by itself atop a small pile of sand and the only reason I even saw it was because the sun was reflecting off it right into my eyeballs. I swear it was like it was waiting there just for me to come and pick it up. Had I showed up a few minutes before or after I probably never would have seen it because the position of the sun wouldn't have been right.
That was 2013. In 2014 I got my first half decent metal detector. Now I get much more instant gratification. I still like rocks and native stuff though. These days my focus just happens to be elsewhere.