Loaded Fine Gold, Panning in Colorado

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 49ers panning thread inspired me. The old timers sure got to work some good virgin ground back in the 1800's!
I venture out modern day sampling for GOLD just like the old-timers did, with a gold pan! We find some pretty sweet fine gold! This is considered good modern day panning ground!

Come along for a stroll by the river
:goldpan::icon_thumright:

<span style="color: rgb(29, 33, 41); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

Upvote 0

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 49ers panning thread inspired me. The old timers sure got to work some good virgin ground back in the 1800's!
I venture out modern day sampling for GOLD just like the old-timers did, with a gold pan! We find some pretty sweet fine gold! This is considered good modern day panning ground!

I certainly know how you feel. I know I am blessed to be able to pan and prospect virgin ground, and while I will not say that I deserve it as I recognize I am a sinner saved by grace alone, this chapter in my life has been a blessing after the last chapter.

For those that do not know, in the last year I have had cancer, reoccurring cancer, then because of the crippling effects of cancer and being unable to farm, I had a friend come in and log my farm. He clear-cut some 70 acres/1600 cords of wood and stole all the money due to his gambling addiction. It was intended to be used to pay my property taxes so I had to sell some of my heavy equipment, and a large portion of my livestock to get by. When it seemed like things could not get any worse, my wife and I lost a child.

Again, I will not say that I deserve good in my life, but I recognize that finding a new gold district does not happen often, and it has been a blessing to be able to get out and make some of these gold discoveries. My faith is greater than gold for sure, but I feel very fortunate in having gold in my life at this time, as it is a nice distraction to cancer, court proceedings, and the loss of a child.

Last edited:

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I certainly know how you feel. I know I am blessed to be able to pan and prospect virgin ground, and while I will not say that I deserve it as I recognize I am a sinner saved by grace alone, this chapter in my life has been a blessing after the last chapter.

For those that do not know, in the last year I have had cancer, reoccurring cancer, then because of the crippling effects of cancer and being unable to farm, I had a friend come in and log my farm. He clear-cut some 70 acres/1600 cords of wood and stole all the money due to his gambling addiction. It was intended to be used to pay my property taxes so I had to sell some of my heavy equipment, and a large portion of my livestock to get by. When it seemed like things could not get any worse, my wife and I lost a child.

Again, I will not say that I deserve good in my life, but I recognize that finding a new gold district does not happen often, and it has been a blessing to be able to get out and make some of these gold discoveries. My faith is greater than gold for sure, but I feel very fortunate in having gold in my life at this time, as it is a nice distraction to cancer, court proceedings, and the loss of a child.

May the Lord be with you.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1553758810.899970.jpg
Panned this out tonight. 2 hours digging virgin dirt in Colorado earlier this month to produce 0.91 grams via my Grizzly Goldtrap Mother Lode sluice box [emoji106]🏻 As CGC says, Colorado is the real deal!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread